• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Waggy wheel plan...

XJ Ben

NAXJA Forum User
Does any one know or have experiance with the alloy wheels that come on full size J's? I was planning on trying to clean up and use the factory 15x8? with 3-1/2"? BS wheels on my 90XJ with waggy D44's understanding that they would have the same track width as my origional D30/35 (or close enough) Now I want to install the 35x12.50x15 BFG KM's monday 2/13 but now I am worried that they will be too narrow or have to much BS and rubbing. So any experiance advise?

OK I'm not quite sure I understood your question but here is some info. Full Size Jeeps(FSJs) use a 6 bolt pattern on their axles so rims from an FSJ won't fit your XJ.

If you are planning to put the axles from a FSJ into your XJ you have a lot more to worry about than the rim BS.

If you already have the waggy axles they are wider than the D30/35 combo so depending on what you have for control arms the tires should clear.

The waggy axles really are not wider then the stock XJ axles. The front is about the same, and the rear is a little bit narrower. I don't see a problem with running those rims.

Problem solved! Just bought new tires and wheels. Thanks for your help!

I wanted to use the origonal waggy alloys on the swap as well as the axles. I think the wheels themselfs are 15x7 too narrow for a 35x12.50....

Back