• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Waggy D44 axle compatability...

freerider15

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched my A$$ off, and still no luck. Were the '80+ front Waggy D44's axle shafts all interchangable. I need axle shafts measurements for an '87 waggy D44. I have found the measurements for 80-84 via CRASH's D44 tech thread, but not sure if they would be the same. Help...please?:D

XJjeepLess said:
They should be the same, unless its a widetrack D44.

IIRC, the 83-84 were disco ones, which probably won't work(correct me if Im wrong).
Your correct, I believe it's the short side on the disco axles that wont match the non-disco.

IIRC all waggy D44 fronts from 74 on are the same shafts, just a different offset and the 81-84 disconnect version, and the widetracks aren't waggy. They are Cherokee Chief or J-truck.

1980 and later will all work as long as they are not from a disco axle. I am positive on this because I have an 82 non disco waggy 44 under my junk and have spares out of an 80 and an 87. I have tried to get spares from more waggys but the yard would not seperate the axle assembly. 1979 and older will not work.

Back