• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Viper Alarm

tcpoland

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Okay guys I could really use some help, I have been searching like crazy and cant find anything definitive. Id like to install A viper 3203 on my xj, just security with keyless entry (I would also like the parking lights to work). Im not concerned about remote start at this point (maybe Ill add that some other time). I already have factory power door locks on my xj (98). How difficult will the install be, what special equipment will I need? Can anybody link me a write up?

Thank you

Awesome thanks. Is there a connector type that makes it easy to tap into wires?

Also is there anwhere I can see an Installation Manual online

Last edited:
don't use the cheapo plastic snap on clips that pinch through the insulation, cut strip and crimp. the preferred method would be soldering but not everyone is comfortable with a soldering iron.

most decent alarms have provisions for both positive and negative door lock triggers built in. read your installation manual.

it should come with 2 manuals in the box, an installer manual, and a owners manual. follow the installer manual and the wiring guide posted above to get it in and set it up, and the owners manual to learn how it works.

I installed two of older viper units with remote start and paging. I used the 12volt, FSM and the install manual. I soldered the connections. It took about 3 hours. I needed the sentry key bypass module on mine though.

Sorry to revive this thread but I think the alarm system I ordered may be incomplete. I was under the impression there should be a hood pin and a led included in the box.

hood pins are not usually included. it should only have what is shown in this image. also the description says the valet switch and LED are a combination unit on the "control center". if there is a button on the antenna part then that is most likely where your LED will be.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Viper-3...ystem-2-Remotes-3203-/170779395866#vi-content

also usually the installer manual will have a list of what is included in the box in the front section of the manual. I haven't put in that exact model though so I can't say for sure.

Let us know how it goes, I was thinking of putting this one on my daily driver. :thumbup:

Okay i think I understand most of it but Im still a little confused about the door lock wiring i have a wire for both lock and unlock one normally open another normally closed and a common (6 wires) i also have a flex relay open and a flex relay closed. I assume I dont need all these, any input would be appreciated.

have you tried searching google with the make and model number plus the words install? like "viper XXXXX install" or installation or write up... when I run in to problems it usually means someone else has too and the answers are out there somewhere :gee:

I have been searching, havent found the answer yet so I thought Id ask here since Talyn had said hes done this before .

If it were me I would do the remote start at the same time, it's only a couple more wires to solder.

I took a look at the manual and the led is located in the antenna module.

On the door locks they changed how they are wired since I installed mine. Mine only has two wires for the locks. I see all the wires you are talking about. The installation guide references a Door Lock Wiring Guide #1041, which I can't find on the internet. you may want to check around the12volt.com and see if anyone give details on how the door locks are wired.

-Chris

Back