• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

VIN locations?

Cowl, upper rad. support, frame rails, pillars, ect. The sequential numbers are stamped in a number of different areas. They will not be on bumpers, fenders or any part that can be removed without cutting off the part that is stamped. The engine, trans and diffs.also have the sequential stamped on them.

They wouldn't have a clue. Seriously.

What's so hard about it? All they would have to do is call Daimler/Chrysler and ask. The problem isn't know-how, it's being employed in a role that is authorized to have access to the info.

By the way, OP, I really don't think you have nefarious motives here, mainly because if you did, you'd probably know a different forum where you could get a quick answer to the question (CarChoppersUnited, NefriousAnswersQuickly, etc). Criminals tend to be way ahead of us law-abiding types, and they use the web for group help too.

Just out of curiosity, what are you trying to do anyway?

By the way, OP, I really don't think you have nefarious motives here, mainly because if you did, you'd probably know a different forum where you could get a quick answer to the question (CarChoppersUnited, NefriousAnswersQuickly, etc). Criminals tend to be way ahead of us law-abiding types, and they use the web for group help too.

Just out of curiosity, what are you trying to do anyway?

I agree with you on this. I PMed him to find out why he needed the info but I have not heard back. I don't think he has any ill intentions, but there may be people that locate this thread that do have ill intentions. The way I see it is by publishing this info it only does all of us XJ owners a disservice because when our XJ gets stolen and VIN Switched it will make it harder to identify the true owner if all of the C VINs are removed or altered. I have located many stolen vehicles that we knew were stolen and could not return the vehicle to the rightful owner because the thieves did a good job of removing or altering the VINs.

He's planning to strip some parts off an XJ he found "abandoned". Checkout his "What year is this XJ?" thread.

He's planning to strip some parts off an XJ he found "abandoned". Checkout his "What year is this XJ?" thread.

Good call. I just read the other thread. Hey NXJ, if you give me your location and jurisdiction I can see if I have a contact with the International Auto Theft Investigator's Association that can assist you. They are a great resource in identifying the true owner of stolen vehicles. That is what you want right...to identify the true owner. Of course they probably will not be any assistance in helping identify the year so you can take parts off of it...so, if you want to do the right thing let me know and I wil see if I can assist you.

Back