• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibrations with a SYE installed

landmark

NAXJA Forum User
I've been running the RE6030 Kit with a Hack n Tap SYE for about 6 months. I have a minor vibration at all speeds over 25 MPH- nothing serious, but still noticable. Rear axle is shimmed 4* to put the pinion in line with the drive shaft. Any ideas as to the source of my vibration? Is it possible that improperly balanced tires could cause a vibration similar to driveline vibes? Any suggestions are appreciated.

98 Classic
RE 6030
RE Hack n Tap SYE
BFG AT 31x10.5
4* Shims

It doesnt suprise me.I tried a H-N-T on my 2k,same thing,better but not perfect.Went with the HD kit 5years ago,still lovin it!

pull the rear drive shaft and jack up the front of the jeep, then put it in 4wd and into drive. with it running get under the jeep and checked to make sure the mounting surface is not spinning crooked. most of the time when you do it in your driveway it's real easy not to get the mounting surface 100% straight. If the surface is spinning flat and it's not wobbling any I would say take your shim down a little bit. General rule is you want the pinion pointing straight at the t-case or maybe a * or 2 lower.

this is, of course, after you've checked for play in all your front end components

Panthers65 said:
pull the rear drive shaft and jack up the front of the jeep, then put it in 4wd and into drive. with it running get under the jeep and checked to make sure the mounting surface is not spinning crooked. most of the time when you do it in your driveway it's real easy not to get the mounting surface 100% straight. If the surface is spinning flat and it's not wobbling any I would say take your shim down a little bit. General rule is you want the pinion pointing straight at the t-case or maybe a * or 2 lower.

this is, of course, after you've checked for play in all your front end components

x2 I'm running mine about 1.5* lower and don't have any vibers until about 85-90mph which is plenty good enough for me.

you don't have to put it into 4wd to check the rear flange. Just pull the rear shaft and put it into drive so you can see the rear flange spinning without the jeep moving. try that. If it wobbles, its not right, if it doesnt wobble, you're probably good.

Its because its a 97 and newer, I took everything off my 92 which never wiggled and stuffed it under my 97 (and i mean everything). I replaced and fiddled and corrected and pulled my hair out. They are pure evil!! Oh but they look so nice interior yay, ahhhhhh!!! It wont die though. HAHAHAAhahaHAHAHahahah, .........

JEEPTUBE said:
Its because its a 97 and newer, I took everything off my 92 which never wiggled and stuffed it under my 97 (and i mean everything). I replaced and fiddled and corrected and pulled my hair out. They are pure evil!! Oh but they look so nice interior yay, ahhhhhh!!! It wont die though. HAHAHAAhahaHAHAHahahah, .........

?? you ok man?

Back