• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Valve spring compressor

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
I need to order a valve spring compressor to do vg seals on an early HO engine, anyone happen to have advice on a compatible compressor for an on engine application?

I'v been told there are compressors for the head off the block, thats not the style i'm looking for.

I have the hose for pressurizing the cylinder from my compression tester... any other specialty tools i'll need?

Lastly, any write ups out there? I'v never done this job.

I see i need the overhead valve style compressor, i like the style where i turn a knob to tighten/loosen vs a pliars type.. i can see myself slipping off and shooting a keeper across the yard.

I have an old KD Tools compressor my dad gave me when he retired, he's telling me it's for a flathead engine so i need to order a new one. I see the style i like on ebay by KD but it looks like i can get an offbrand for half the cost. I wont be using this tool often..

This is what i need..yes?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-E..._Automotive_Tools&hash=item27c9ef15c3&vxp=mtr

Back