• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Uwharrie Spring Jamboree - April 11th

UNCC_99XJ

Twisted Up
NAXJA Member
I have been asked by Eli if NAXJA would be interested in participating in the Jamboree again. Nick and I have done this a couple of times a few years ago, and it's a good chance to gain interest into the club. Would there be any interest in some volunteers to help run a table? In addition we would need people to help with whatever task(s) we are given by the organizers. In the past it was helping with parking and clean up.

Here are some examples of how it was done in years past:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1089907&highlight=Jamboree&page=4

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1077571&highlight=Jamboree

You'll have to dig through there for pictures.

You know I'd help if you guys get s group to go and do it.

It would be a day trip for me as well.

In the past it was only a couple of us, so it made it challenging to man the table and work where assigned at the same time. It'd be nice to see a few people come up this time.

Do you usually have time to ride any trails? I'm guessing no.

All depends on what we get tasked with. We can pack up the table whenever we want. Last time we got put on parking duty during the day and clean up duty in the evening. I think we made a quick run on a couple of trails before heading home.

We were supposed to be relieved from duties during the day so that we weren't stuck all day and would have the ability to hit trails, mingle...etc. That didn't really happen.

All depends on what we get tasked with. We can pack up the table whenever we want. Last time we got put on parking duty during the day and clean up duty in the evening. I think we made a quick run on a couple of trails before heading home.

We were supposed to be relieved from duties during the day so that we weren't stuck all day and would have the ability to hit trails, mingle...etc. That didn't really happen.

I'm all for volunteering some time but I don't plan to get stuck parking cars for 8 hours and then stuck cleaning a field for hours after that...

Who organizes this whole deal?

Scott Fields with FOU is the one who organizes everything.

I sent Eli a message this morning to verify if we would need to do any volunteer work this year if we came. I explained to him what has happened the past two times we've been there and how it was not fair to us at all, to which he agreed.

I'll let you know what I hear.

Scott Fields with FOU is the one who organizes everything.

I sent Eli a message this morning to verify if we would need to do any volunteer work this year if we came. I explained to him what has happened the past two times we've been there and how it was not fair to us at all, to which he agreed.

I'll let you know what I hear.

Is Eli even working on this stuff with hi new job? I know JC is involved with FOU but I thought Scott was concentrating on his thing? I'll snoop this next work day. :)

Is Eli even working on this stuff with hi new job? I know JC is involved with FOU but I thought Scott was concentrating on his thing? I'll snoop this next work day. :)
I'm not sure. He sent me a message this weekend asking if we'd be interested.

Do you usually have time to ride any trails? I'm guessing no.

Last time we had a table things really seemed to die down around 3-4 and that's when we packed up the table and went wheeling.

I won't be able to make it. Manning the table is a worthy and easy job. Smile and shake hands, answer questions about the club.

I was told by Eli that we do not have to volunteer to help run the event this year if we don't want to.

It would be great if we could get a group of people together to represent NAXJA. The plan is also to present a check as a donation to help with the trail clean up and maintenance efforts courtesy of funds we have available as well as funds that National is matching.

I am planning on being there, hopefully with my Jeep. I believe Andy and Glenn are planning the same. There will be time to hit the trails while we are there. We set our own hours if we decide to set up a table/display.

Back