• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Used all my luck up today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

STRYKER

NAXJA Forum User
I was on Ebay last nite trying to bid on a set of Chevy spindles and caliper stands for my upcoming hi-steer (at close to 9" up front, this is long overdue) and having no luck (some people will actually pay three times what things are worth.....no common sense I suppose)... and ended up backing out around the time that the spindles got to $100 for the pair... :eek: The caliper stands were going at $80.. :eek:

Went to the local BIG DAWGS hangout in Purcellville and scored a set from a fellow over there for a mere $100 bucks for all four pieces! Got to talking to the owner and he has a Comanche that's been sitting at his old location for a year... I looked at it over 8 months ago and he wanted $1500 dollars for it.

It has a GM 350 underhood, a 5" lift, a rollbar, buckets and full instrumentation. He's under alot of pressure to move his vehicles from that location. He told me that if I would take it this week, he'd take $100 bucks. I grabbed it!

I still need some luck, and I've hidden all the guns in the house, cause my wife will surely shoot me when I bring home the 4th "project" in as many months. :)

STRYKER said:
...I looked at it over 8 months ago and he wanted $1500 dollars for it.

It has a GM 350 underhood, a 5" lift, a rollbar, buckets and full instrumentation. He's under alot of pressure to move his vehicles from that location. He told me that if I would take it this week, he'd take $100 bucks. I grabbed it!

I still need some luck, and I've hidden all the guns in the house, cause my wife will surely shoot me when I bring home the 4th "project" in as many months. :)

A c-note ?! :eek:

If you didn't grab it, I would have driven to VA and shot you myself! For crying out sideways man, I hope your wife realizes the deal that was.

She'll jack up the cost of that Jeep by a factor of three. Mine always does. If I get to spend $100, she get's to spend $300. Oh crap, that's a factor of four.

RR3

Ralph said:
She'll jack up the cost of that Jeep by a factor of three. Mine always does. If I get to spend $100, she get's to spend $300. Oh crap, that's a factor of four.

RR3

Actually, Judy is usually pretty good about these things.
It's also equal to her habit of horses following her home on a weekly basis.... (inside joke, folks)

I just built her a six stall addition to the barn, and she's filled it already. We're about even on our obsessions. :)

And Vug... I COULDN'T walk away from this one.... hard as I tried.
It'll probably do duty as a parts/farm hauler for the farm till I figure that I want to turn it into a crew cab :eek:

Kejtar said:
I'll save you and pay you $200 for it :)

Kejtar

I think you're on the wrong coast (even if you call it the left coast.)
I now have three Dana 30, three Dana 35's (I'm hoping maybe there's a 44 under the 5.7L conversion) and two pickup beds that have to go... One shorty and one longbed...

Man, I gotta stop wheeling and dealing.... :(

Deano, I'm on the right coast and even in the same state. :cool: Tell ya what, I'll give ya a cool $250 for it, and I'll even come pick it up :D

Ary

Ary'01XJ said:
Deano, I'm on the right coast and even in the same state. :cool: Tell ya what, I'll give ya a cool $250 for it, and I'll even come pick it up :D

Ary

Hey Deano,

I'll match Ary's $250 and raise it $50 (sounds like an auction now :D ). I'll even come pick it up too. I've been looking for a pickup ...

Hey.... I got first dibs on it... even though I'm on another coast :) I'll make it $300.01 :) and I can have a buddy of mine pick it up for me :)

Kejtar

Welcome to the Comanche Preservation Society, North Atlantic Chapter.

Now if we could just get you to restore them when you bring 'em home instead of hacking them up, we be getting somewhere :D

hey, Fords aren't all bad. They work good for donating axles to better our cause. So, they are all bad, except for that one thing! :b

I think the key here is the price of that MJ... noone would probably jump at the chance of buying my cherry '87 MJ longbed 4.0 4x4 5-speed D44 3" lift, newer 31" Bridgestone tires on chrome rims, fiberglass cap, trailer hitch, etc. for $3500.

I am LMAO at some of the responses in this thread...This place is NEVER dull and wanting for humor. :)

Ford axles under a Comanche/Cherokee? ...I think I invented that one somewhere in 1977.

IIRC, this one had a winch out front as well. He'll probably remove that , however....

Eagle.... I saved a pristine Comanche bed by totally removing it from the vehicle and cutting it, and this is the thanks I get??? :eek: My current machine could be returned to stock rather easily with a couple of fenders, a header panel, and stock running gear (which incidentally I currently have three sets of) :rolleyes:

This Comanche will probably have the axles parted out and have another set of Ford axles inserted under it. I'll look at the rust issues (although I think it's in pretty good shape in that area.)
I only cut it if it's totally eaten.

Anyone who has a Renix XJ has a Ford part - the distributor!

I just want an MJ so I can have a useful pickup truck to do the few things my XJ isn't readily capable of....I had to empty our damn storage space to-day, and I could really have used both a pickup truck AND a small box trailer!

5-90

Fore Wheeler said:
I'd rather hug a Commanche than a Ford!! :flipoff2:

TRL WGN 1 said:
hey, Fords aren't all bad. They work good for donating axles to better our cause. So, they are all bad, except for that one thing! :b

That's it!!
Both you guys are off my buddy list.

I see no better way of making my XJ perfect than slinging some Bronco parts under it. My two favorite vehicles rolled into one.

Flame away purists!

Vug said:
That's it!!
Both you guys are off my buddy list.

I see no better way of making my XJ perfect than slinging some Bronco parts under it. My two favorite vehicles rolled into one.

Flame away purists!

You tell 'em Vug.
If it weren't for Bantan and Willy's getting in the damned way....it'd have been Ford Jeeps.

Ford had to produce a fair amount of the damned things after the contracts were granted to even keep up in production ..... :rolleyes:

And the "stamped" grill? THAT was Ford's improvement to the vehicle production ease in 1940's. So technically, DAIMLER/Chryco and GM didn't have the right to fight at all. It was Fords grill to defend all along.

So, Ford is the perfect components to round out a Comanche or any other Jeep.... cause things almost went that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back