• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upgraded Headlight Harness Problems

That depends on how comfortable you are with the wiring, and the diagrams. If you aren't grokking the circuit diagrams on each relay, then get the relays that Go-Jeep spec'ed and follow his directions.

I built my own relay harness, with 2 relays (one hi-beam, one lo-beam,) with relays similar to what you've got. It's been in place for several years, with a pair of 80W H4 bulbs running through a single contact. I built a pair of harnesses for my Dodge Ram for a Sport headlamp conversion (240 watts on high beams.)

Ok guys, now I am completely dumbfounded. I bought the correct relays, dual 87. And I checked the wiring, but still no high beams. When I was checking everything, I noticed that the 30 AMP fuse was blown for the high beams. I am running 2 30 AMP relays. So I replaced the fuse thinking that was the problem, and I have nothing. Please help me.

i'm not sure what all you've tested and how you tested, but i would suggest you go out and get a $0.99 ground tester if you don't already have one. use that to test every segment of yoour wiring (connection going into your fuse box, going into your relays, going out of your relays, going into your signal terminal on the relay, etc) you will then find exactly where the fault lies. it's the cheapest and most used electrical tool in my wiring toolbox.

Back