• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

**UPDATED** HHO GAS....

lawsoncl said:
Magdrive lost a lot of credibility as soon as I read this: http://www.fuelfromh2o.com/how-it-works.html "A fallacy out there is that it takes more energy to produce the HHO than the energy it releases. Not at all true"

It's still a solution, just they are using a boxy looking thing, but they are adding a trap an easier refill bottle, and a few other niceties.

yep thats the guys. its got a 100% money back policy if it doesnt perform like they say it will. so the worst thing that could happen is it not do what they say it will and then i send it back.

iv been talkin to the georgia office (they are closest to me) and the customer service has been dare i say, impressive. i cant wait to get this thing and hook it up!:rof:

This is what I hate about things like this.
http://www.fuelfromh2o.com/how-it-works.html
These guys make and sell the equipment, and have no clue what the unit actually does. The first 2 paragraphs are OK, but then they devolve into ignorance, if not complete bulls**t. It may work and give exactly the result they claim, but because they don't know how to describe what it is actually doing, anybody who knows even a little physics or chemistry will discount most of their claims without checking further into the subject.

Timmy2XJS said:
yep thats the guys. its got a 100% money back policy if it doesnt perform like they say it will. so the worst thing that could happen is it not do what they say it will and then i send it back.

iv been talkin to the georgia office (they are closest to me) and the customer service has been dare i say, impressive. i cant wait to get this thing and hook it up!:rof:

$$$$????

in the neighborhood of 700 bucks.

i know that it sounds a bit steep, and i agree but i can do it. and if it works out, it will pay for its self.

ill do a "soft install" so that it can be removed if i have to if it doesnt do like it says. if i find out it works great and what not, then ill hard wire it accordingly.

tbburg said:
This is what I hate about things like this.
http://www.fuelfromh2o.com/how-it-works.html
These guys make and sell the equipment, and have no clue what the unit actually does. The first 2 paragraphs are OK, but then they devolve into ignorance, if not complete bulls**t. It may work and give exactly the result they claim, but because they don't know how to describe what it is actually doing, anybody who knows even a little physics or chemistry will discount most of their claims without checking further into the subject.

I especially like the statement made on the 2nt page, last paragraph. Basically said that some intake air flow sensor us a glowing metal wire to sence air flow thru the intake.
can you imagine the :fuse:that would happen when the key was turn on, and not started for several minutes. as the hho gas backed up from the throttle body to that sensor, that is usually just after the air filter..........:repair: :listenmus :flame:
luckily our 4.0L don't us that sensor design.............More of a GM style................

Hay, goodburbon!!!!!!!!!!
What kind of intake air flow sensor does your hho test vehicle have????????

Flash

Engines with MAS air flow sensors generally have a "burn-off" cycle to clean the sense wire. Not sure how hot it gets, but I assumed it gets red hot, like a toaster? It's probably on for a very short time.

Bump.

Just thougt i would make it easier for those that still want to analyze this, but are currently doing so, on the HHO/mpg thread("Goodburbon's hydrogen experiment")

Flash

No idea flash. Don't care either since I don't leave the key on. I don't want a buildup of HHO anywhere. since a backfire when cranking would lead to a ruined intake manifold and hood.

Please dont chop me up for asking a question surely covered 159 times but what is the proper item to purchase to fool the O2 on a 98 XJ. The thread is so much longer since i chirped in a long time ago and swore i wouldnt be back LOL It looks like it has finally calmed down but would take me forever to get caught up...

ok so here comes the great debate but here goes. i have a hho experment goin on right now. i have it hooked up to my renix motor and im just into a take of fuel. ill let ya know what i find.

Timmy2XJS said:
ok so here comes the great debate but here goes. i have a hho experment goin on right now. i have it hooked up to my renix motor and im just into a take of fuel. ill let ya know what i find.

Details!!!!!!

what design did you go with? plates, washers Shower drains????
voltage draw. What amp fuse are you getting to hold...................

Any body heard of using tungsten steel??????????(just something i head had been use before........................................

Flash

i have a plate system. using distilled white viniager. im drawing 7 amps and i have a 30 amp fuse..

but i dindt build mine, i got it from mag drive.

4x4 Station Wagon said:
Please dont chop me up for asking a question surely covered 159 times but what is the proper item to purchase to fool the O2 on a 98 XJ. The thread is so much longer since i chirped in a long time ago and swore i wouldnt be back LOL It looks like it has finally calmed down but would take me forever to get caught up...

No one has come up with an answer to that, and if this stuff works we should not need to mess with the O2 sensor, as long as you have an air tight HHO generator that is.

If you don't have an air tight HHO generator, for whatever reason (leak, crack, or by design), the excess air from the leak will cause problems with the O2 sensor and MPGs will drop.

Here is the update that I promised a month ago . I am now up to steady 25 mpg mixed driving with my current setup . I started out with a 89 renix jeep cherokee completly stock that I have owned and maintained for years . I have 4 cells that I built for the back of the jeep that runs through a check valve up to the front of the vehicle into a bubbler and out to the intake manifold . Here are a few pics of current setup .
IM000343.jpg
IM000344.jpg
IM000345.jpg
IM000348.jpg

I have not added any distilled water or baking soda to the jars in 3 weeks , since then I have put on about 1200 miles . I have not modified any of the sensors at all . Still pulling 13 amps cold and 17 amps when warmed up . The unit never overheats . As far as the color of the water , that is a normal reaction .

The most important thing is to have everything totaly vac tight . And if you dont use a check valve between the generator and the bubbler all of the water in the bubbler will be pulled back into the generator when you shut the engine off .

Timmy2XJS said:
i have a plate system. using distilled white viniager. im drawing 7 amps and i have a 30 amp fuse..

but i dindt build mine, i got it from mag drive.
That is not not alot of amps , are you running KOH or baking soda ? Are you only using white vinager , and how much , and what size container is it ? And how far away are your plates spaced ? And the most important question have you noticed a gain in MPGs ? At the moment I am using 1 Tablespoon of baking soda per container ( 1 Quart of distilled water ) and the electrodes are 1/16th of a inch apart .

Back