• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Updated full size trail info

Yeah it's cool to see the lists coming out. They have other ones available but these are the full size specific.

Too bad they aren't full size only, then we wouldn't have to worry about dodging dirt bikes and atv's

I finally looked at this list:

12. Carnage Canyon Rock Crawl Route BLM/USFS/CPW – Buena Vista/Salida

20. Freedom Rock Crawl Trail BLM Royal Gorge Field Office – near Penrose
24. Independence Rock Crawl Trail BLM Royal Gorge Field Office – near Penrose
30. Liberty Rock Crawl Trail BLM Royal Gorge Field Office – near Penrose
43. Patriot Rock Crawl Trail BLM Royal Gorge Field Office – near Penrose

Not to mention trails near Montrose, Grand Junction, Rangely, the list goes on.

If the Blue Ridge proposal comes to fruition, I expect it will be added to this list.

I think paying the $75 a year for the plates on my XJ that only gets driven from trail to trailer is plenty of revenue to the state of Colorado ...lol...I have not had an OHV permit since having lockers . I keep plates on it for trails that require use of a public road to return to trailer .

I would be cool with this if the state was using the cash for bad ass trails not tin cup pass type areas...lol

Last edited:
I finally looked at this list:

12. Carnage Canyon Rock Crawl Route BLM/USFS/CPW – Buena Vista/Salida

20. Freedom Rock Crawl Trail BLM Royal Gorge Field Office – near Penrose
24. Independence Rock Crawl Trail BLM Royal Gorge Field Office – near Penrose
30. Liberty Rock Crawl Trail BLM Royal Gorge Field Office – near Penrose
43. Patriot Rock Crawl Trail BLM Royal Gorge Field Office – near Penrose

Not to mention trails near Montrose, Grand Junction, Rangely, the list goes on.

If the Blue Ridge proposal comes to fruition, I expect it will be added to this list.

I'll eventually look at getting an OHV sticker, but I would still contest what that list puts out.

They're going to have to put a moratorium on enforcing it, since the BLM/Forest Service hasn't even known, and you'd get 10 different answers asking 10 different rangers.

There was a FS or BLM person waiting at the exit of Indy one year. He was just verifying we had plates or were stickered, not both. All of us that had plates, were just fine.

They're own verbiage and outlined rules are so gray, that I'm pretty sure any ticket would get thrown out currently.

Yeah having to pay state taxes and registration fees on my vehicle and then an OHV sticker also.........Colorado is quickly becoming a gay place to live

Back