• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Up Country VIN

Ian Christiansen

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to order a set of factory Up Country springs from the dealer. The guy there says I need a VIN from a Cherokee that had the Up Country package from the factory to get me the right part number. So anyone that has one, can I please get your VIN. I have a 2001 so something close to that would be good. Thanks.

Use one of the on-line parts departments and save 30% off the retail price. -> http://www.chryslerpartsdirect.com/

Here are the part numbers to order, no VIN needed

Up Country Suspension:
Front shocks: 4897412AC
Front coil spring: 52001793
Rear shocks: 04886509AA
Rear leaf spring: 52002392AB

See, that sucks. Why the hell would a dealer's parts dept. need a VIN? I've had that happen, too, when I've gone in with part numbers (even cross referenced with other models and years so there's no confusion). Ahh. . .don't mind me. I just get peeved because I live in the "home of the Jeep," and none of the dealers' parts guys here can figure things out or even when they can, they never have the parts in.

See, that sucks. Why the hell would a dealer's parts dept. need a VIN? I've had that happen, too, when I've gone in with part numbers (even cross referenced with other models and years so there's no confusion). Ahh. . .don't mind me. I just get peeved because I live in the "home of the Jeep," and none of the dealers' parts guys here can figure things out or even when they can, they never have the parts in.

x2, there is one old timer in my dealership. You walk in, tell him what you want and he walks in the back and gets it right, first time, everytime.

The young guys can't find parts without the computer, and then it is hit or miss, averages about 70/20/10, 70 percent of the time you wasted an hour and they can't even find it in the computer, 20 percent of the time they find the part listing, and 10 percent of the time they have it in stock.

You think thats bad I when to the dealership, And said I wont a part for a 2001 XJ he said Grand Cherokee or small Cherokee . And I said again XJ . Now he finally got it. I would understand if his is working at autozone but the dealership not understand XJ ? means Cherokee

Back