• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Unlifted '96 Up Country. Biggest tires on MOAB wheels?

And now we get to the heart of the matter. You don't like what I want to do with my Jeep. so you do everything you can do to quash it, including manufacturing your own "facts".

You are free to ignore my posts about what I want to do with my vehicle at any time, sir.
actually you'll recall that I said I didn't care in a much earlier post.

I didn't have an issue until you called what I said incorrect.

I have two jeeps with 245/75s, and there are two other people in this thread that echoed exactly what I told you.

So I hardly manufactured jack, I simply told you what fits and what doesn't.

Last edited:
Exactly. You asked a question, didn't like the answer, and now think we are making this up. If it didn't rub, why would we manufacture facts and tell it would? Anyway, get the wider tires, they are so much better in the snow. I have 245/70R16 Firestone Winterforce on stock 16x7 rims and they don't rub. It's not the width at 245 that causes the rub, it's the additional height of the 75 aspect ratio that causes it.

Last edited:
245/75/16 MTRs on 16x8 MOABs. It also has a 4.5" lift and they still rub on the LCA!

For what it's worth, I run 31x10.5 MTR-k on stock ZJ Canyon wheels At full lock they barely rub my lower mid arm. When I still had short arms, it rubbed more on those.
265mm width is approx 10.5. So if I were you run a 265/75(or 70)R16 on those wheels as they are a common size.
I was going to do that, as I have a set of TJ Moabs, but I found tires for my JK Moabs. Just need my wheel spacers.

Back