• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Unibody

canadian_xj

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering what is the easist way to find out if the unibody is out. I have a '90 4.0L 4 door 4x4. There is no real damage on my Jeep and it tracks pretty good, but the liftgate sticks out about 1/2"and the drivers side and the rear passenger door sticks out aboot 1/4" on the hinge side. I am hoping that it is just the hinges. To get it checked would I need to take it to the body shop?

I'll post up some unibody measurements later today.. you'll have to crawl under the rig to take them and you'll need at tape that shows mm..

Dave

Hey Canadian_XJ:

Nice to see another BC'er on here. I picked up a used '88 2 dr out of the Buy and Sell for real cheap. The doors and tailgate were a little out. It had some fender damage so I ran it's ICBC record to see if there was anything serious reported. Inspecting the vehicle overall I couldn't find any buckling or signs that the unibody was tweaked, so I picked it up. In my case the door hinges had ripped off the a-pillars( a common problem) and the tailgate just had to be re-adjusted. I have about 5500kms on her and so far, so good, just a few electrical problems to correct every now and again.

Back