• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Uncle BOB

scottmcneal

NAXJA Forum User
Hi folks.. i helped (kinda) install a lift on saturday mar 8th on black sport96 , mike ( San Diegoxj )... Curt was here too, now there some fun... This is the first thing we found, from there, it just got to be to much fun.... We realy need to thank BOB for the great shock repairs............... LOL Sorry curt can't remember screen name...

shock.jpg

Trail fixes because somebody didn't read the thread on bump-stops?

I work on rail-road cars. I see stuff that I have to say is a field repair: Quick, dirty, get it moving!

BUT, that would park my DD once I limped it home. Tell me this heep was a trailer queen.

WOW! Since I don't buy new cars, I do spend a lot of time undoing work from the last 2 or 3 "mechanics". That also shows how much I spend on cars. LOL

Ever heard of stove cement? It is a mortar compound designed specifically for sealing the joints on pot belly stoves. The XJ I'm working on now had a bunch of the stuff on the header joints above the O2 sensor. I'm told it worked well for some time. LOL

Stove Cement never thought of that one, hmm. Well when I was 17 and fixing trucks on the interstate we did some pretty "inventive" repairs. Once a guys trailer axle bearing went out. He was in a hurry and wouldn't wait for new parts so we chained his axle to the trailer frame and sent him on his way, lol. I had no clue back then. Those truckers don't like to get a hook and sit. I've never seen so many bearings welded to spindles in my life.

Back