• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U.R. Fuked Reinforcement Plates.

uhhhhhh..........he said penetrate:eek:

Need to cut some speed holes in 'em and then you'll get my order.

ghettofablogo.jpg

From KRON-TV, Oakland
OAKLAND (KRON) -- Oakland police have begun a crackdown on whistle tips - the notorious noise makers that people install in the exhaust systems of their cars. Undercover officers are citing muffler shops that install them, and giving drivers with them $91 tickets.

Driver Bubb Rubb bragged about having the noisemakers, "The whistles go woo... woooo."

Neighbor Roxanne Bruns said, "They think it's a fad and it's going to go away. It's not going to go away."

But Oakland traffic cops say it wasn't hard to discover that the whistle tips were never legal in the first place. By law, you can't alter a car beyond the auto manufacturer's original design. So police are tracking down violators.

Tamani Fontenette got busted. He didn't install the whistle tip on his vehicle. He says he just bought the car.

By law, you can't alter a vehicle beyond the auto manufacturer's original design? Really? So by law, Rubicon Express, Borla, and a thousand other companies are selling illegal product? While I agree that the 'whistle tips' are plain stupid, I noticed the cars in the video were junkers...Rubb Bubb was several cans short of a six-pack as well...

I believe they are refering to exhaust design alteration. Here in WA, there are regulations that clearly state that no vehicle's exhaust be altered in a way that the noise level is increased. That said, I do not believe they enforce that law but in extreme cases. If they did, they'd be busy pulling over rice rockets all day long, not to mention every Hot Rod on the road, plus anything with a Flowmaster, or performance exhaust.

I'd bet this is getting enforced because of the annoying sound, and is obviously not a performance upgrade, it's noise in the name of noise. Who knows, the Mayor, Senator, or whatever probably has a neighbor who has them.

Steve

Yeah, but it's just more poor reporting on the part of KRON to make a stupid statement like that.

Jim

BrettM said:
Haha! That's great :D

But more importantly: Where did you get that Rubbermaid tub?!?! I've been looking all over for those things... Lowes, HD, Walmart, Target... no luck :(

Got 4 of them 1 small, two medium and 1 big enough to store a body in provided you break the legs...

Just noticed, time for a 'bring out your dead'...

vetteboy said:
Damn. Wish I had seen this product a few months ago before mine failed completely. Thing just broke right in half.
what is it with these things? Similiar thing happened to me:)
bareXJ.jpg

vetteboy said:
Damn. Wish I had seen this product a few months ago before mine failed completely. Thing just broke right in half.

during.JPG

I don't know whats funnier. That you replied with this pic or that you sawzalled right through the headliner?

sawzall through rubber. but on a really really reallly serious note, I was in the process of fabricating a bra eliminator kit and failed miserably can anyone fab one of these up for me?>

karstic said:
I don't know whats funnier. That you replied with this pic or that you sawzalled right through the headliner?
Hey, why not? He's just gonna trim it later anyway.

At least he didn't cut it with a torch.

Back