• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Two guys tried to steal my jeep last night

Dustin_Z said:
I had that issue not too long ago. They stole a plastic 5 gallon can, drained it and threw the can back. So I took it, filled it with water, put it back. Lo and behold, it was stolen a few days later! Same M.O. Never happened again....
:firedevil
That right there is G-fawking-enius...
Epic... that should be the new thing. Gas in a water can and water in a gas can.

cds36 said:
WTF who steals horns

They were obviously horny

AustinPowers_original.jpg

:shhh:

Nobody's broken into my Jeep, but they broke into my Integra (daily driver). They stole my Nylint RC Rock Crawler which I idiocally left in plain sight. The controller and battery were in the house. Way to go. Everything else was left un-touched.

Lojack!

UPDATE - Two guys tried to steal my jeep last night

well - according to the ins. co... the damage done to my jeep when they tried to steal it has totaled it...

Blue book lists the Jeep at $1900...

so now I need to find another Jeep - I will get the old one back so i can take all my parts off of it...

so Keep your Eyes open for me - would prefer a 90 or earlier so all my parts fit....

Ken

man that sucks Ken.. i'll keep my eyes peeled. whats your price range? sticking with white or doesnt matter?

GrimmJeeper said:
man that sucks Ken.. i'll keep my eyes peeled. whats your price range? sticking with white or doesnt matter?
looking for a 4x4 - auto - 4 door - Under $2500 - I should be able to find a decent one for that price... Color doesnt matter - i'll customze with scratches after i get it...

Re: UPDATE - Two guys tried to steal my jeep last night

IMORTL said:
well - according to the ins. co... the damage done to my jeep when they tried to steal it has totaled it...
That's the great things about Jeeps. If the damage is over $28.50 the insurance companies total them. Why don't you just fix your current one? Salvage titles aren't too bad, my red Jeep rocks one.

GSequoia said:
That's the great things about Jeeps. If the damage is over $28.50 the insurance companies total them. Why don't you just fix your current one? Salvage titles aren't too bad, my red Jeep rocks one.

And you know what its from, not like buying it from someone who claims "it was a theft recovery" haha

silverslk said:
And you know what its from, not like buying it from someone who claims "it was a theft recovery" haha

Actually my red Jeep was what should have been the worst of the worst! Flood damage! I was young and dumb when I bought it, i'd never buy a flood recovered vehicle now.

But I gotta say, the kid who originally bought it and had it fixed must have paid well for it, the crew did a great job, no electrical grimlins, no rust issues, and no mildew smell (well, not until I got it!!). The only evidance is a faint water line on the inside of the kick panels.

Back