• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Two 1988 Jeep Cherokees for Parts

Ricky said:
I have it, but it is the cable drive kind. Is that what you need or do you need the electrical kind?

I have 87 and 89 XJ's so it should fit. Which part, or parts? Speed sensor & or NSS?

Ecomike said:
I have 87 and 89 XJ's so it should fit. Which part, or parts? Speed sensor & or NSS?

The tranny is sold, but I have the speed sensor. Do you want the entire cable or do you just want the sensor at the end of the cable with the gear thing on it. Let me knwo.

Thanks,
Ricky

Ecomike said:

I sold the tranny but I still got the speed sensor. Do you want the entire cable to the dash with it or do you want just the sensor thing with the spedo gear. Let me know.

Thanks,
Ricky

If it is not too much trouble I will take the cable too. While under / inside the dash, you may find an inline sensor and second output cable between the dash odometer and the firewall. I think it feeds an electrical signal to the TCU, IIRC. Not sure if it is for the TCU only or for the cruise control, but I will take it too.

How about the tail gate's latch & lock hardware?

Last edited:
OK, I'll get on it. How does $15 plus shipping sound, so probably around $20-$25 total I think. I'll keep you posted.

PS: whats IIRC and TCU mean. I'll figure out all this lingo eventually

IIRC is a simple legal disclaimer or qualification, means " If I Recall Correctly", LOL.

TCU is Transmission (or Tranny) Control (or Computer) Unit.

Price sounds fine, thanks. I am also interested in a good (not rusted out) complete tail gate lock mechanism if you have one.

Ecomike said:
IIRC is a simple legal disclaimer or qualification, means " If I Recall Correctly", LOL.

TCU is Transmission (or Tranny) Control (or Computer) Unit.

Price sounds fine, thanks. I am also interested in a good (not rusted out) complete tail gate lock mechanism if you have one.

OK, thanks for in update, I'm slowly learning LOL.
So is the lock mechenism the thing in the tail gate that you put the key in and that latches around that stud thing along the bottom of the tail gate to keep it closed. Do you want the stud thing to? Let me know.

Thanks,
Ricky

Yes, yes and yes.

No, its pretty much a piece of angle iron with a hook on the end of it from what I rememeber. I'll have to go find it and let you know if its different, but thats what I remember. I was really solid though and the guy I got the jeeps from said it worked great for him. I'll let you know.

Thanks,
RIcky

might you have the factory bumper mounted driving lights? my 88 sufferd an impact and one of mine is toast.

ardvarkman6216@gmail.

thanks
Timmy

Timmy2XJS said:
might you have the factory bumper mounted driving lights? my 88 sufferd an impact and one of mine is toast.

ardvarkman6216@gmail.

thanks
Timmy

Sorry man, my XJ arnt that fancy. No bumper mounted headlights to be found here and if there ever was some they are long since gone. Hope you find some.

Thanks,
Ricky

Back