• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turn Signal Gremlins

RoadTrippin

NAXJA Forum User
Today my turn signals decided to quit. Ill turn them on and be lucky to get 2 blinks out of them before they quit. It does this everytime I try to use them, Ideas?

TIA

i have the same problem and my only guess could be that there is a short, or the flasher is bad. but if the flasher was bad wouldnt the light stay on?

trace the wiring back and make sure its not grounding out somewhere. the insulation wears off and they do wierd things!

make sure you pull the front turn signal sockets out and check th ground on them.
Both mine on the 87 wer coroded inside the sockets.
A bit of emery board and some ox gard and they've been fine for a year now.
Mine would illuminate the turn signal indicators when the parking lights wer one, hazards idn't work, and the turn signal was using the parking lamp filament, not the turning filament that's brighter.

mine are pretty horrible too. They blink but they blink incredibly slower than other blinkers. I've replaces the flasher a few times.. i've just learned to live with it and hope i dont get pulled over for it..

Back