• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tuning renix turbo

Exactly, and the nice part is you don't have to modify your stock wiring harness. So you could always throw your stock ecm back in. I'm really happy with it on my Isuzu trooper, and will definetally be doing it to my Jeep. It is really nice to be able to plug your laptop in and see everything it is doing and modify any parameter you need. And if you get the Tuner studio software and a wideband O2 controller, it will auto tune your main fuel table.

Yeah it works with all the major brand wideband O2 sensors (innovative, aem, plx etc...). After studying the renix computer, I can't see where it talks to the tcu. That is why it has that funky double TPS sensor on the throttle body. The 91 on up chryco jeeps may be different.

The one for the renix jeeps is the one in the link I provided. They use the Delphi 56 pin connector to plug into the factory wiring harness, the same as most GM's in those years.

Last edited:
Any progress? If you decided to go MS you can use the stock trigger using the 22-1 wheel coding...

I am turbo'ing a Renix as well but I think i might be farther along...

dave b

I know this is not for a Renix Cherokee but thought it might help since I believe the wiring is pretty similar.

Jeep%2520TCM.png

When we installed Megasquirt on our turbo 1995 the only wire we need to run was the TPS signal. Looking back I don't even think that was needed since both computers share the same signal wire. Not sure if you will get as lucky with the Renix TPS. I'd need to look at a wiring diagram.

Back