• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Trip report & pic's

TORX said:
Fearing for the worst he backed down to check for damage. All joints and shafts were intact luckily, but his rim was bent, fan shroud was in pieces, and unibody tweaked (find anything else?).
I think that's all. It drove fine all the way to Mt. Hood, so hopefully I dodged a bullet. The passenger door doesn't open as well as before, but no biggie.

Nice write-up and pics.

-----Matt-----

Finally, here are my pics:

The group getting ready to leave the staging area. I think there were seven or eight rigs in each group, so one helluva turnout.

Cimg2491.jpg

Richard Cranium going up Waterfall:

Cimg2493.jpg

Can't remember who this was, but he always put on a dramatic show:

Cimg2497.jpg

Cimg2499.jpg

While the rest of the group was making their way up Waterfall, Joe decided to hump a log and almost roll. The only reminder of this was his axle, which decided to take a momento:

Cimg2509.jpg

The trail thought his valve stem was suitable payment. Joe telling me I'm #1 in his book. You're welcome for the air, Joe ;):

Cimg2513.jpg

At this point in the day it was pissing down rain harder than I care to remember. We were all wet and cold...just another great day of NW wheeling.

This next spot proved among the most difficult. Everybody made attempts at finessing their way up, alternate lines and different throttle applications. In the end, the only one that worked was aiming straight and full throttle.

Cimg2515.jpg

Even then it usually took three or four (or ten) tries to get up. The mud was just that nasty.

Cimg2523.jpg

Cimg2524.jpg

Richard Cranium put on the best show here, at one point bouncing his front end about a foot in the air. We were all wincing in anticipation of an axle letting go, but it never happened. A testament to the slickness of the mud more than anything.

Cimg2528.jpg

More to come-

-----Matt-----

Me on the Lil' Rubi:

Cimg2537.jpg

Cimg2543.jpg

Cimg2542.jpg

Jeepkid381 showing off his, ahem, mushroom:

Cimg2550.jpg

Cimg2552.jpg

Rod's first tie-rod of the evening:

Cimg2555.jpg

Cimg2561.jpg

Those are about the only decent pics I got from TSF, but here are some from my drive home via Mt. Hood:

Cimg2572.jpg

Timberline Lodge:

Cimg2575.jpg

Cimg2576.jpg

Parking was scarce, so I made my own spot:

Cimg2579.jpg

Cimg2580.jpg

On the way down, I found some more snow to play in:

Cimg2581.jpg

Mt. Hood through the windshield on my way down:

Cimg2585.jpg

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
While the rest of the group was making their way up Waterfall, Joe decided to hump a log and almost roll. The only reminder of this was his axle, which decided to take a momento:

Cimg2509.jpg

-----Matt-----

I almost rolled before humping the log. The log happened while backing off the rock that almost rolled me. Long story short I have bad luck with logs, they suck.

IXNAYXJ said:
Sorry, I take it all back. You're a rockstar. :D

-----Matt-----

when did you take that picture anyway?

Just design intent. I realize the way it's installed isn't any different than the heim version. but IIRC that's the version thats intended to be put into a double shear point bracket. That and the way I am looking at it makes it look like turning it like that would make the bar point a goofy direction. That could be my eyes messin with me tho

KarlVP said:
I made my old 88 cherokee with a HO motor go "H" once. Look where the H is in MPH. YUP, I was going that fast.

For the record it was downhill, and the whole jeep was shakin like a quaker.

You are so lucky that this forum crashed out and lost all those postings about the TTCW and obeying the law.. Nothing to quote now....

Back