• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Sunday 9/27

I teamed up with another guy flying solo at Rogers this morning. We decided to start with FB5 and play it by ear form there, hoping for a early afternoon departure.

We ran FB5 at mach speed, and got to the rock garden. Chad played around on the rocks for a bit, while I spotted him into a retarded position. :confused1 At that time we noticed a bunch of buggies, truggies, and Toyota's heading up the main road. We decided to investigate and proceeded up the trail to the Crushers. I think we finished the trail in about 15 minutes including the quick recovery.

That's where we found a good size group of Cascade Crusier members doing a photo shoot for Toyota Truck and Off Road Mag(?).

This monster was on 49's, 1 tons, SBC, and enough gearing via an Atlas to get real stupid. :D
IMG_0104.jpg

The Lower Loop has always been the "hard" part of the Crusher's and this rig just floated over anything in it's path.
IMG_0102.jpg

Unfortunately, he developed a pin sized hole in his hydro assist line at the bottom of the lower loop. I grabbed some PS fluid for him, but with the high pressure what ever plugged we tried did no good. He ended up having to muscle it out with no fluid.

At the same time this uber clean Toyota truggy was walking the lower loop. Light weight, high clearacne, 40's, and about 60hp flat works.
IMG_0110.jpg

After that Chad and I ran over to Saddle Up, and then onto Airplane Hill. We both got through the lower filter without a problem and made our way up to the face. That's where we found three Toyota's giving it hell. They eventually broke, and sat on the face for a good 45 minutes or so. No winches, one had bald tires, another was open in the front. Typical yota shenanigans.

After they all got up, Chad was first to give it a try.
IMG_0125.jpg

He picked the right line on the face, and with a little bump he hopped up no problem.

I went after him, and tried a few different angles before I was able to make it. Then at the root (door grabber) at the top I somehow managed to get twisted up and a little sideways on the trail. I think my bumper was actually sitting on top of it? After still having a little PTSD from NWF I opted to get a winch on me for a little tug and safety.

Two more Cascade Cruiser members showed up after us. One of them had a real clean FJ40 and tried the face after me. He had all the right equipment, but his wheelbase was just a tad too short. He opted for the bypass rather than get stupid.
IMG_0127.jpg

We also got a killer lunch made for us too while we were waiting. I'd wheel with the CC's anyday. :thumbup:
IMG_0131.jpg

Exit filter.
IMG_0141.jpg

After Airplane Hill we headed over to Can Opener where we found a pretty good sized crowd. After we all made it a nice ZJ followed. Krawlers and FJ80/Mini Truck axles were it's platform. Seemed to work pretty well.
IMG_0148.jpg

We called it a day after that, and headed back to Rogers. It was a fun day wheeling with some different people. I enjoyed the trails we ran today, but bring on the snow.

Last edited:
Back