• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF pics 9-5-09

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
So we started the day with 3 rigs. Myself, Dave (Glue n Tape), and Keith (Mopar440). We headed up Ceder tree. It was deffinately a lil slick out with the rain. But we were haulin ass and makin good time. After Ceder Tree Keith says they are heading back to grab the quads and would meet up with us later. So after a blind guy with a compass pointed Dave and I in the right direction we continued up to Fire Break 5. We stopped and hunted for a Geo Cach for a bit, then headed for Airplane hill. At the bottom we met some guys in a Wrangler and decided to team up and try and conquer the monster hill climb.

Dave comng out of the first filter
009.jpg

Our new friends
011.jpg

Both the first filter and the second small one proved to be a slippery mess. But we all made it through. The first rocky hill climb kicked my ass and i eventually gave in and pulled cable.
013.jpg

The rest of the trail had zero traction so it was bump it, go 5 or 10 feet and bump it some more.
016.jpg

017.jpg

019.jpg

024.jpg

One of the roots in the bank gave me a lil kiss, just to let me know it was there
033.jpg

Dave pointing the way
038.jpg

039.jpg

Dave stretching his legs
034.jpg

Next up was waterfall. After watching the Wrangler pull cable on the right side i figured i had nothing to loose and headed for the left. After giving it hell for a while i went far left and actually got to the final ledge. once again had to winch over the top though

047.jpg

048.jpg

By the time we were up it was getting pretty late so we called it a day and headed for home.

Great day. Met a bunch of potential NAXJA folks in XJ's up there. Keith... sorry we lost ya man. Hope ya had as much fun as i did !

Dude
Wish I was there, airplane hill looks bad ass.

I got my links and joints. Just got to weld them up and put them on...

It was a great day, I will have to post pics later.

You can tell it was rough terrain... just by the lack of pics..

I crushed my driver side rocker Panel. Looks like replacements is the way to go :)

The Geo Cashes up there rock! I think we should dedicate a trip just to clear out the area.

Man I LOOKED ALL WEEK END FOR YOU GUYS! I wheeled from friday about 3pm till monday about noon. Had a blast wish I had some more people to wheel with though. looks like you all had fun. I did most all the trails. didnt try little rubicon it was way to big of rocks for me. Had a good time maybe next time I will find you guys up there

Man I LOOKED ALL WEEK END FOR YOU GUYS! I wheeled from friday about 3pm till monday about noon. Had a blast wish I had some more people to wheel with though. looks like you all had fun. I did most all the trails. didnt try little rubicon it was way to big of rocks for me. Had a good time maybe next time I will find you guys up there

We looked for you also. even took a spin through Browns camp before we hit the trails, hoping to see ya. Where did you camp ?

:eyes:

I wish I would have ran into you guys. I was up Jordan Creek all day saturday with another buddy in an XJ. I want to know when another trip is planned.

pic of the two of us, I'm on the right
l_b98950306856457fb5d45f5e31dbbddd.jpg

I want to wheel with someone that knows the area, like what this trail is called?
l_c926bf9c1d0140a28dd450dccff06024.jpg

I know its on Archers Firebreak, I managed to make it up at the cost of my rigt-front Pro Comp... then this tool decided to go down...

I wish I would have ran into you guys. I was up Jordan Creek all day saturday with another buddy in an XJ. I want to know when another trip is planned.

pic of the two of us, I'm on the right
l_b98950306856457fb5d45f5e31dbbddd.jpg

I want to wheel with someone that knows the area, like what this trail is called?
l_c926bf9c1d0140a28dd450dccff06024.jpg

I know its on Archers Firebreak, I managed to make it up at the cost of my rigt-front Pro Comp... then this tool decided to go down...

pictures no worky ? ? :dunno:

We camped above Lyda to the left. I used a motorhome and trailer this time much nicer. I looked at browns also. I saw you two (THEANTICHROME) on archers at that spot. Its the rock garden. I was in the red YJ with coilovers. I had no plugs for ya! You should have mentioned the web site. I finally made that hill after about 4 times. I may go again next weekend and bring my bikes as well as the Heep. had lots of fun burned 1 and a 1/2 tanks of fuel just on the trails wish I would have took my camera.

I love mine.

Here are some pics I took. I was surprised I didn't have more. Too much spotting and jawing going on..

Rod getting it done as he leaves Airplane Hill
20090905_28-1.jpg

Taking a look up at Airplane hill.
20090905_14.jpg

Sorry for the bright spot. I didn't have time to adjust the image.
20090905_24.jpg

Going up to WaterFall. Chris.. I think his name was? I know one of them was Dustin, the one spotting him alot.

20090905_54.jpg

Back