• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trying to track an Aussie

beakie

NAXJA Forum User
I am rather serious about finally putting a lunchbox in my Dana30, however I am having some problems. I really want to go with Aussie, I never see a bad word against them, and I don't mind spending extra money on things that are worth it.

1. do I have to determine if I have a 27 or 29 spline on my 97 Sport?
2. website price is $229.99US, but for me to order and get sent to Canada I will pay so much on customs is doesn't seem AS worth it. So does anyone know of a good place up North here, or a good way to get it into country sneaky sneaky like?
3. is there anything I haven't mentioned that may be of some concern to me, or you've learned that would help me before I make this purchase?

thanks

you are talking about your FRONT axle right?? all 27 spline.. you are confusing it with the rear axle that was 29 spline in later years.. your rear would be a 29 spline 8.25", unless you have ABS and that would be a D35 27 spline..

beakie said:
1. do I have to determine if I have a 27 or 29 spline on my 97 Sport?

No need to worry. The D30 comes in only one spline count (unless you have gone the Super30 route, which I doubt).

Can't help you with #2, sorry

beakie said:
3. is there anything I haven't mentioned that may be of some concern to me, or you've learned that would help me before I make this purchase?

I strongly recommend getting the hardenned cross shaft as their site suggests, follow the installation instructions closesly and make sure you capture the information they recommend. Since the locker will put more stain on your front end parts when in 4wd, a thorough check of ujoints, ball joints, and other front end parts is in order as well. Replace anything questionable, it's easier to do in the driveway/garage than on the trail.

BTW I love mine. Opens up a whole new level of trails and lets me continue to "finesse" things vs. "lead foot" it.

HTH

sidriptide said:
you are talking about your FRONT axle right?? all 27 spline.. you are confusing it with the rear axle that was 29 spline in later years.. your rear would be a 29 spline 8.25", unless you have ABS and that would be a D35 27 spline..

thats exactly the info I need. sorry I am not much for tech info, read 'no idea' I knew the rear could be one or the other, but had no idea about the front.

strongly recommend getting the hardenned cross shaft as their site suggests, follow the installation instructions closesly and make sure you capture the information they recommend. Since the locker will put more stain on your front end parts when in 4wd, a thorough check of ujoints, ball joints, and other front end parts is in order as well. Replace anything questionable, it's easier to do in the driveway/garage than on the trail.

and thats jus as helpful
I will make sure to have the axle looked over when I get the 4.10's I have sitting here put in. I hadn't even thought of the hardened cross shaft, again thanks to all who gave input.

Looks like price is up to me and what I want to spend, but as I said from what I have read they are worth it, and I don't mind splurging on items like that.

Back