• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TrXus Mud Terrains, any good?

Your right, I reread the post and I didn’t see the part that he was asking about other tires. I thought that the post was about TrXas M/T.

Remember that swampers are pretty true to their size. The 34x12.5 is about the same size as a BFG 35x12.5.

Oh yeah, I like them too. I have 34X12.5. I don't have much mileage on them but so far they work great on wet roads and in snow. Not much mud yet either.

I used to think my MTR's hooked up well in the snow... I think the trxus are better on the road too. So far they are much quieter.

i run 33 x 12.5 trxus mt's and i think there pretty good, and did very well in the snow couple weekends ago too! i think i might put some on the Superduty now cause they are quite on highway.

I’m on my second set of Trxus MT and have no bad words for the tire.
I ran a set of 31” got about 20K of on and off road use. Now running 33" and I really like the tires, they get great traction off-road, look great, I don’t have any balance problems, and they are priced..Well you can’t get a comparable tire for the money IMO
With any tire you will get lots of differing opinions. But if you want an all around tire they are top of the heap. If you want an off-road only tire then look no farther than the TSL. As for balance issues after you go 33” or larger all brands can and often do have balance issues to some degree you can read that in most any tire review but is not a given.

Trxus MT ..great tire

I ran a set of 35s on my Toyota DD/trail/work truck and loved them! They are, in my opinion, the best do it all tire out there (I've run just about every brand of tire out there). Quiet and long wearing on the highway, hold up well on the rocky trails I run (tough sidewalls), good in the snow and on wet pavement, could be better in the mud because, they tend the hold the mud a little (that's what makes them work well in the snow;) ) An excellent all around tire.......you'd be happy with them---------Hans

Trxus are good tires. Main complaint about them is that they are hard to balance. They seem to be a really good all around tire. I've seen them preform well in almost all conditions.

Another tire to give a look at is the Maxxis Bighorns. I run them in 33x12.5 flavor and really like them. They balanced well, and are wearing very good. They have done great in all conditions as well. My next set will likely be another set of Bighorns. At the time I bought mine the Bighorns were cheaper than the Trxus

bighorn_1.jpg

Hale

I had them, great traction. Horrible to keep balanced (its a swamper) and terrible luck with sidewalls. Went to MTR's, I'll keep my MTR's

I got a set of 34x12.50x15 TRXUS MT from my work for free. Not brand new but still good. They are really heavy and seem really tough. They look like they would do great on the trail. Im gonna put them on as soon as I lift my rig.

I run 33x12.5's, I didnt have any problems balancing them, I put them on myself and dont have one weight on them and they go down the road 70mph without any shimmy, On the rocks i run 10lbs and havent broken a bead and in the mud i run 14 or so. Theyve been a good tire but on pavement they are a pretty soft tire and i have a lunch box in the back so theyre getting chewed up pretty good. Id say if its not your daily drive go for it. My brother runs 33" mtrs and these to just as good in the rocks and better in the mud. Plus theyre cheaper :clap:

tj/ mtrs vs xj truxx,,you can only guess who won :eek:

PICT0078.jpg

Back