• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trussing a d 30

Just to give an update on this old thread, I have had zero problems with diff cover bolts loosening up on my OX locked D30 in the past year and a half. In fact, I pulled the diff cover for only the second time in 3 years recently and the carrier bolts on the OX are still as tight as when I installed them.
Does the stiff OX diff cover act as a truss keeping the carrier bolts from stretching and backing out? Maybe.

I revived this thread, but then started another 1. I had 2 bolts totally seperate from my arb unit, the small bolts holding the unit together. Is this a result of the flex of the dana 30? I will get those things lock-tited down.

Hmm, retro-threading this week... I'll take it ove rthe hyperthread variety.

For the truss, I'm hoping to use box tube across the top if it can be made to fit. This way I should get some benfit in both front and vertical planes.

JAT

r@m

Back