• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Truss and rear shock cage! ZJ

A shot from the top.. everything is completed, but i have no brakes... the guide pin boot ripped and all the brake fluid leaks through there. I guess the little o-ring inside tore while welding.

Last edited:
Here are some pictures while taking off the shocks to give me room to paint the frame and tubes..

Shock mount.

Some weld work on the upper shock mounts.

beautiful work. this zj is awesome

Yesterday i finally finished installing the coilovers and its sitting on it's on weight.

Today i almost finished up wiring my fan, lights,aux switches and extending the two battery cables that come from the alt and starter.

From this..

to almost finished..

How it sits as of today..

Still need to cut the dash and put it back in, mount the battery, fix and mount the bypasses (Leaking) and paint the hood and back hatch.. and im sure im missing a few things..

More pics to come.

I finished the wiring and zip tied everything to make it look good, i tried to hide the wires as much as possible.

And this is pretty much at ride height maybe i'll go up another inch, I just need to finish mounting the bypass resi and figure out where to put my air filter at..

Nice ZJ! :cheers:

Thanks guys, Those damn zip ties already cut me like 6 times..haha..

No big updates just finished installing the front fenders,grill and lights, Bought a new air filter since the one i had wouldn't fit. And took it around the block to test out the brakes and suspension.

How it sits..

if you cut them as flush as you can with a pair of dikes this way | then cut the tiny nub that is left again at 90° (this way -) it will knock the sharp edges off and you won't get cut. just a cheap tip for those who don't have a set of flush cut pliers.

I use a file and file it down smooth

Well i haven't updated this since i have been getting it ready for a offroad expo 2 weeks ago and our yearly memorial trip/trail ride.

I have to take some more pics of how everything fit together inside the engine bay ( I'll take those later today)

Here is a pic of the finished product from this past weekend, with the back hatch and hood painted.

I have to say that it handles like a totally different Jeep, the front is WAY smoother than it was with the coils..

Back