• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tron Legacy

I think that's kind of a weak assessment. Yeah, there are some similarities but you're cherry picking from three different star wars movies to compare them to this movie. Yes, there are some similarities but its not really ripping on SW at all.

I mean, there's also Sam who doesn't want to take his father's company and just dicks around during his youth. By the end, he has come to realize his errors but realizes that he can't do it on his own. He ends up passing the company on to the family friend older mentor character. Obviously, this movie is channeling Billy Madison. See how easy that was?

haha, yes i see your point. Maybe I am trying to make these movies more similar than they truly are. However I feel there are many likenesses.

Saw it the other night, Imax 3D.

Only really noticed a few scenes in 3D... certainly wasn't worth the extra money, or having to take off my glasses to put those on.

They also ripped a line straight from "Top Gun":

"Take the shot!"

Still and all, pretty good. Like most action/adventure movies, I wore ear plugs in the theater. Pretty good ones too. They cut 23 Db off the top. I think there was only a couple words of one sentence I missed. Why do they play the soundtrack so loud?

I use the head phones at the theater so I can hear the soundtrack and dialog over all the "oohs" and "aahs" and laughing/screaming. Lets me control the volume.

I don't get the 3D thing. All it did was give me a headache. Yes I get it, it's "3D" like Viewmaster, but it doesn't improve the movie experience.

Kind of the opposite for me. Didn't find out I was color blind in the green spectrum until I was getting a flight physical in my 20s. That explained why I couldn't understand what everybody was seeing in those 50s-60s 3D movies.

I have only been to one "new style" 3D movie--Resident Evil Afterlife--I really enjoyed it.

Yes, when they do a "stunt" strictly for the 3D effect it is on occasion so obvious as to interrupt the flow of the film, but still a great experience to "The Kid That Couldn't Get It Back Then".

I use the head phones at the theater so I can hear the soundtrack and dialog over all the "oohs" and "aahs" and laughing/screaming. Lets me control the volume.

what headphones in the theater?

Our theater (and I would presume most all others) have assisted listening devices available at request. It's usually a set of headphones hooked up to a box that receives a synced audio signal from the projection booth.

I say our theater: I work in a museum that has an IMAX.

what headphones in the theater?

Loaner headphones with a little receiver built in and a on/off-volume switch. Ask for them at the snack counter--its free.

im gonna try next time I go see a movie (true grit!). Think they will give em to a 19 year old kid?

I saw it yesterday. I thought it was a good movie but not worth the extra cash for 3d. This was the first movie I've seen in 3d that wasn't a pixar style CG film. The detail they put in those CG's are really amazing to see in 3d. Nothing special worth seeing in this one and not worth the headache from those glasses.

3d aside I did enjoy the movie.

Cher you're really reaching with that comparison. lol

im gonna try next time I go see a movie (true grit!). Think they will give em to a 19 year old kid?
'Don't see why they wouldn't. I got my hearing loss when I was 20. I don't think there's an age requirement for hearing loss though accident or(more likely) stupidity/ignorance.

Back