• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trimmed my fenders :D (PICS)

Damn, you sure cut a lot out of that front fender.

Seeing everyone doing this really makes me want to get on the ball myself. I'm just worried since this is my DD and I don't want to be throwing water absolutely everywhere when driving in the rain, since I already do a little, even with the stock flares and no cutting. I'm not about to spend $300-400 on aftermarket flares, so maybe I'll have to figure out how to relocate the stockers after the trim.

When I cut mine, I just cut around the outside of the stock flares. That made it one less step to take by not having to take them off beforehand. It makes it a lot easier if you've cut fenders before, I will say that. My first XJ, I only trimmed a little at the front lower, my second XJ I trimmed around the fender bulge under the flares, on this one I just went the most direct route :laugh:

X2
Ramsey said:
It's all down hill from there :D

dscn2391vw3.jpg

I used a dremel the first time, took a lot of those little wheels but it was very easy to control and came out very clean.

Ramsey said:
I used a dremel the first time, took a lot of those little wheels but it was very easy to control and came out very clean.
I did the same thing. It's slower with a dremel, but better results I think. the rear I used an angle grinder to cut the slits and hammered them up.

DSC03342Large.jpg

Back