• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TRICKS FOR BETTER GAS MILEAGE

Try a Fitch Fuel Catalyst!! The thing improves the quality of the fuel for a better combustion process and increasing MPG by 1-2!! They run about $175 for the XJ!! Keep the cold air kit, making sure your exaust is healthy, you did not say if ya have a the old or new cat! Drop down one tire size! Tune your rig checking all sensors and drive with less lead inyour foot! Oh, if ya can swing the cash do a Warn hub conversion, you should get 1-2 MPG out of that!:peace:

Drive and brake like there is a raw egg under the pedals. Will make the biggest difference, driving style.

I was wondering about the front shaft as well? I know it's not a convinient fix, but on long trips, say from Damascus, Maryland to San Diego, California?

zachxj01 said:
i bought a civic from an old lady for cheap as a DD i am now saving tons of $ on gas lol and then on the weekends drive around my cherokee
wooot x2 but i got a 3cyl 1.0 litre fire fly hehe definitly good on gas

Yeah, but how small is your country? :)

Y'all should build some refineries there...then again, so should the US, since our newest refinery is 28 years old....

JNickel101 said:
Yeah, but how small is your country? :)

Y'all should build some refineries there...then again, so should the US, since our newest refinery is 28 years old....

61 million in the UK, twice the size of my tiny country Canada. But gas ain't that bad here.

Australia is the same size as the lower 48 and we have our own refineries and we still paying nearly $5 US a gallon! We make it cheap enough but the oil companies wont sell it to us any cheaper as they say they then would rather sell it all overseas for more profit. So our oil buying price is set by the Singapore barrel price. :(

That sucks man...

Up here in washington state, we have a bunch of refineries...what really get's me going is that our oil for the NW comes from Alaska but were still paying oversea fee's for our gas...

Stupid politians..!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up on your prices down below...good 2 know

you guys have to remember too that what your odometer says isnt right - I mean I only run 32" swampers and my 22 mile trip from home to work only registers about 18 miles on the clock so you may be getting alot better than you think :peace:

Also..Buy your gas in the AM when its cooler out..gas expands from heat..

so if you get your gas in the evening on a hot summer day..your shorting yourself

not that we have to worrie about that up here in North America...

But just a general rule of thumb..

My job requires me to drive a lot. So I went out and bought a $2K Mazda for a DD. It gets 30 mpg, and is fun to drive. I could get get closer to 35 mpg if I drove a bit more prudently.

When I added it to my insurance policy, I made the Mazda my primary vehicle with liability only. Kept the full coverage on the Jeep, which became my secondary vehicle. And my rate actually went DOWN.

I got so used to driving the Mazda, that when I drove out to Moab last month, I couldn't believe (or remember) how often I had to refuel. :)

Thats cool...My Bronco2 is my DD, My jeep was, but now its my toy..When its running right..

I install HughesNet internet satellites all over Washington..!!!1 .trust me, I know about lots of driveing...!!!1

next work rig will be a subaru wagon...

im spending $100+ in deisel a week, looking to buy a xj to save a few buck on gas and get back into wheeling- drive 350 miles a week, so im hoping to get more than that to a tank when i put her on 31s..

Back