• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trick XJ on 38s 60/70 and cage

You will find out that the unibody does flex a lot due to the heavy axles.
Thats for sure. A buddy of mine ended up with a big crack in the unibody of his XJ after about 6 trips while running boggers and fullwidths on a 44/9". I also heard you cracked a windshield while flexing out too. Ouch. Thats part of the reason i decided to do a cage right away, i can already tell it stiffened the chassis quite a bit, and hopefully will head off the unibody flex problem before cracks and creases develop.

BTW how do you like the 3 link coil setup in the rear of yours? I may be doing something similar in the future when time permits. Same friend who cracked his unibody ended up 4 linking the rear with coils and said it made a huge difference in getting traction and in hill climbing. I can definently see that it would damn near do away with any wheel hop in the rear.

XJoachim said:
I ripped off a upper mount too several times with my long arms but i decided to remove one upper arm.

Am I just lucky? I wheel just about every weekend and haven't ripped any mounts off with my LA's. I really haven't noticed any binding, my MJ is pretty light but still its got a 60 hanging off the front of it, IDK.

DSCF0119.jpg

crackersnecksnowrun022.jpg

BIGWOODY said:
I really haven't noticed any binding
Didnt you post up the fuzzy pics on pirate about your longarms binding up and hitting your 60s centersection causing your upper link to be bent? I take it you got that fixed. What'd you end up having to change?

I should have the front d-shaft cutdown and welded by sunday so hopefully i can get some actual wheeling pics up, and info on how things held together.

Back