• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission Mount main bolt Disaster!!!

Lake919

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys, so I was replacing my transmission mount and after I got it everything apart and was going to reinstall the bolts that bolt the mount to the bottom side if the transmission, I realized that the one of the bolt holes is stripped and the actual threads are on the bolt itself. It will not fully tighten. It goes on and then just keeps spinning. What in the hell do I do now?

Welcome to steel bolts going into aluminum. Coat with anti-seize, loctite, vibra-tite or something like that to create corrosion barrier to prevent future re-occurances.

I don't know the size off-hand, but just take that bolt to NAPA, or other parts store, and have a clerk hunt it down for you.., easy-peasy. Have fun.

May be way cheaper to get new bolts one size up and tap it. I only use the heli-coil stuff when I need to keep the threads the same, like for spark plugs.

Back