• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission Mechanic in San Diego area

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
Hey guys,
A good friend of mine has a XJ with an AW4 in it that is acting up. Any good reputable shops you recommend for inspection/rebuild. He lives right by Qualcomm stadium.
Thanks in advance.

Valley Transmission in El Cajon. An old guy owns it. Always been fair with me. He's a Hot Rod guy, which I've always had good luck with when I'm scoping out somewhere new.

I am happy to hear that Valley Transmission is still good.

I was bummed when I heard that Rich died. That man was a giant. I would see him driving around town in his Chevy truck ('68-'72 era) with his arm across the back of the seat, all the way to the far side of the cab. He was a big man.

Rich has probably been gone for something on the order of a decade. I think he mostly managed the Washington St. operation. That one is no longer Valley Transmission. I can't recall what it has become. The location on N. Second has remained, and I have no reason to suspect that the management there has gone away.

Mike at East County Transmission.(619) 448-1511
He is fair, honest and reasonable. He's done quite a few transmissions for the group I wheel with, including a couple for me.

Back