• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission cooler questions

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to diagnose tranny troubles on my AW4. I just put a new radiator in that had a tranny cooler built it. If I take the return line off and crank the engine nothing spurts out of the bottom of the cooler. Does this mean the cooler is blocked? Anyone know? TIA for the help.

BigBlackHeep said:
Trying to diagnose tranny troubles on my AW4. I just put a new radiator in that had a tranny cooler built it. If I take the return line off and crank the engine nothing spurts out of the bottom of the cooler. Does this mean the cooler is blocked? Anyone know? TIA for the help.
Don't know. Anything come out of the pressure line?

langer1 said:
Don't know. Anything come out of the pressure line?
I got it figured out, I just wasn't cranking it enough times. Anyway I've got good flow there so I know its nothing I did with the radiator that screwed my tranny up, it must be something else. There's no way the transmission cooler can malfunction is there? It just needs airflow right?

Back