• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trans skids

trippled

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the process of building a trans skid, but wanted to see what others have come up with. Everyone has a t case skid, but the trans seems a bit rarer. Not interested in buying one, as everything on this so far is built by me. I've managed to keep the belly totally flat, which is making it a bit more difficult to package a skid, and I'd rather not have to pull the pan off again to pound a dent out of it. I've thought about welding some 1.75 tube straight out from the Cross member with a removable plate (likely 1/4", because I have it) but unsure if that will be strong enough to take a good hit.

What are you guys running?

nothing and it makes me nervous. cross member took a good shot last time out. I like the idea of adding a cross member style support up there.

personally, i try not to put rocks down the center of my rig... but i get it, it happens from time to time. i do bang my trans on a rock occasionally (phrasing?).

i have a manual though, which means no pan. it seems to be holding up well.

personally, i try not to put rocks down the center of my rig... but i get it, it happens from time to time. i do bang my trans on a rock occasionally (phrasing?).

i have a manual though, which means no pan. it seems to be holding up well.

Understandable, but the last time I slid on a ledge and landed directly on the pan. I'd like to avoid that.

I have a skid row mounts on tcase cross member and lower control arm mounts. Covers trans and oil pan.

Back