• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny stress from gears?

94XJ4x4 said:
i have 33's and stock gearing now is this going to wear out my transmission within quicly. i plan on going to 4.88 or lower when i swap my axles out but i dont want to put money into the 30/35. How low can you gear a D60?
as low as the major distribtors sell them... i'll bet that a goole search on D60 gears will get you your answer...

Alright, i'm lookin for the gears, and, right now, i can get ahold of 4.56 gears from precision gear for a Dana 30 with reverse rotation for $125 plus shipping. Sound good? Or, do any of ya'll have "connections?" They're also selling the 4.56's for the Chrysler, they are listing it as an 8.3, but, either way, they're asking $362 plus shipping. Anyone know where they can be found cheaper? $500 for both axles sound decent?

Tylor

You should be able to find 8.25 gears all day long around the 200$ range!

Alright, i found some gears from precision gears for $195 plus shipping, but, they want $185 for the dana 30 front, so, i'll be ordering from two companies.

Now, another question. The driveline shop near me wants $385 per axle to install the gears. Is there anyone near FL that knows how to install the gears? If so, would anyone be willing to help a poor boy out? I can bring beer, and, pay you for your labor.

thanks again guys

tylor

Last edited:
92jeeper said:
Alright, i'm lookin for the gears, and, right now, i can get ahold of 4.56 gears from precision gear for a Dana 30 with reverse rotation for $125 plus shipping. Sound good? Or, do any of ya'll have "connections?" They're also selling the 4.56's for the Chrysler, they are listing it as an 8.3, but, either way, they're asking $362 plus shipping. Anyone know where they can be found cheaper? $500 for both axles sound decent?

Tylor

Contact Rawbrown from this board. He has some good prices....

Randy's ring and pinion is having a jeep sale. HPD30 and C8.25 with install kits for $417

jrsxj98 said:
Contact Rawbrown from this board. He has some good prices....

I 2nd that. I bought most of my stuff from Ryan (Rawbrown) and having him do my gears, install my axles, etc etc. He is very nice and has great prices. Check with him 1st.

Troy

Lucas said:
Randy's ring and pinion is having a jeep sale. HPD30 and C8.25 with install kits for $417
:wow: wish that was available about 3 months ago

Back