• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny Cooler question(s)

Yup, this thread is missing any discussion on LOCATION. LOCATION plays a big part... good luck over cooling that aw4 in southern california, or tucson where the OP is located.

It wont be this forums first facepalmable offense, nor the last!

Actually... I did point out where I mounted mine. Or, I should say re-mounted it during my "perfect engine temp" experiment.

The reason the factory mounts the aux cooler below the radiator is to keep it out from in front of the radiator. I know, I know, duh.

But, mounting it in front not only blocks air flow, it partially preheats the air going across the radiator. Moving mine out from in front of the radiator to under it gave me an immediate 5C drop in average engine temp.

On a cool morning today in Socal, my AW4 temp was registering just a shade over 125 on the freeway. My cooler bypasses my radiator completely and I have rarely seen the trans temp that low after being fully warmed up. Usually runs right around 150 in town.

In hot as you know what Tucson you should be fine.

But, mounting it in front not only blocks air flow, it partially preheats the air going across the radiator. Moving mine out from in front of the radiator to under it gave me an immediate 5C drop in average engine temp.

where exactly is yours mounted? behind the front bumper on the front xmember thing?

Yup, this thread is missing any discussion on LOCATION. LOCATION plays a big part... good luck over cooling that aw4 in southern california, or tucson where the OP is located.

It wont be this forums first facepalmable offense, nor the last!

So if my profile says Tucson, AZ, why would I have to reiterate that? Just saying..

Back