• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trails in the MD area

There is a group that runs out of Southern MD I think....they could be under another name now....somethin like Hardcore 4x4......seems to be some of the folks who left NOVAJeepers.....the "smart" ones.....

XJGrl

Its pretty much va or pa.Only one legal trial in MD. 18 mile loop in greenridge forest, or george washington forest in northern va. they are easy trails. The good stuff is bigdogs or crozet. Both are a blast to wheel at. Chris/Heather P. from crozet are awsome, good times! they hold V.R.O.C. and set a trial ride any time.

Get a hold of Seven Hills Jeep Club in Lynchburg, Va. They might be on the web. However in Virginia that I know of is going to be about a three to four ride for you. In Nelson County which is below Charlottesville is a place Crab Orchard Falls, in Amherst County there is Pevine Mountain (however it is not always open all of the way through and Smith Mountain Lake Dam has a few Access Roads that Appalachian Power owns that takes you over top of the Dam it is pretty cool and yes it is legal. Only one hitch to all of these trails they are in the mountains and are prime hunting lands. So that being said to be couteous to hunters and not wanting to be the recipient of a bullet through your beloved mud terrains, heed my warning and do not go during huntig season. To find out what te hunting seasons are go to www.dgif.va.us.
Have fun man.

Oh yeah I just remembered if you like sand and want to use GPS. Head up 95 to 295 into Jersey and take the Atlantic City Expressway and check out the Pine Barrens of New Jersey i.e. Chatsworth, Atsion and Tabernacle. 1,000,000 acres of lush pine trees and sand. I gew up around this area and have done some wheeling around Batsto Village. Be careful not to get lost this is one of the remaining uninhabited areas of the U.S., home of the elusive Piney and mythical Jersey Devil and also if you have ever seen the Frday the 13th movies yes it also the home of Jason Voorhees. Do not worry these guys are not real however the Piney's are. Beware of the Piney's.

Galations 2:20

Back