• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail run - Saturday, Aug.12th - White Mountain

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

I will be joining the LOSTKJ group for a run up White Mountain on Saturday, Aug. 12th. I hear that White Mountain has a difficult rating, but only because of an area called Suicide Hill. The rest of the trail is moderate with great scenery. Again, this is what I am told as I have never been on that trail.
Here are the details:
Where = Meet at the Denny's off I-15 and Main Street in Hesperia. Running White Mountain to Big Bear. Then in BB, decide where to go from there. We can split and run something more difficult, depending on time and vehicles.
When = Saturday, August 12th. 9am for an all day trail.

Anyone interested?

:dunno:

Anybody???

i might go are you guys starting the trail off the 15, or are you guys starting in b/b, im in yucaipa so i was just wondering which way to go, where to meet you in b/b. thanks ? //Kevin

xjkevin said:
i might go are you guys starting the trail off the 15, or are you guys starting in b/b, im in yucaipa so i was just wondering which way to go, where to meet you in b/b. thanks ? //Kevin

I know we are meeting off of the 15 in Hesperia. Then finishing in Big Bear. I do not know how long it will take to run White Mountain nor do I know where it "comes out" at. I will be looking at my maps and books tonight to figure thsi out and get back to you.

Thanks

I might be able to go....sweet talking the wife

djblade311 said:
I might be able to go....sweet talking the wife
You need to sacrifice some more sleep to her benefit if you know what I mean. That should do it.

As for me...........I can't. Have fun.

Kyung

corbinafly said:
You need to sacrifice some more sleep to her benefit if you know what I mean. That should do it.

As for me...........I can't. Have fun.

Kyung

yea she went shopping today while I watched the baby...already working on it. :)

jjmat3 said:
It is a fairly easy/scenic trail that takes a couple hours. A nice way to get up into BB w/out asphalt. It will bring you out in Fawnskin.

Great! Thanks. So maybe we can run Gold Mountain or something more difficult for the afternoon. If White Mountain is only a couple of hours, then we should be in Fawnskin no later Noon.

So if anyone wants to meet at the firestation in Fawnskin at Noon, we can go run somethign else...

thats what i was thinking, ill be there prob a little earlier, so for sure fire station fawnskin 12:00, and then head over to gold mtn, or sompthing sounds great see you then.//Kevin

xjkevin said:
thats what i was thinking, ill be there prob a little earlier, so for sure fire station fawnskin 12:00, and then head over to gold mtn, or sompthing sounds great see you then.//Kevin

Sounds like a plan! Meet at Fawnskin firestation at Noon, depart at 12:30 PM.

FWIW, WHen I said couple I meant around 3 or so, not 2. Just so ya know.
It is a long-ish trail just not difficult.

The trail is 3N17, but other trails lead to it. It is the main trail described on the Sidekick off road map for Big Bear lake

yeah its all good im gonna run dishpan springs in the morn so ill prob be busy till noonish, then have lunch at that restaraunt right there in fawnskin, no worries and no hurries. ///Kevin

jjmat3 said:
FWIW, WHen I said couple I meant around 3 or so, not 2. Just so ya know.
It is a long-ish trail just not difficult.

The trail is 3N17, but other trails lead to it. It is the main trail described on the Sidekick off road map for Big Bear lake

Thanks JJ. You gonna be there? If so, which Jeep? We can stil ldo Gold Mountain after, just maybe closer to 1:00 at the firestation.

jjmat3 said:
Sorry, can't make it. I have a "trip of a lifetime" to take instead. Details when I get back in a couple weeks.

Oh yeah! I was invited to that to, but work and short notice just didn't allow it. Maybe next year!!!

Have fun!

Clean-RC said:
Hey make sure you provide details about this trail upon completion... I may go ride it on sunday.. Since the only thing with a throttle that works is the bike....

Will do...

I know about the Jepp, but what's going on with the car?
Hey, I know this guy who is a pretty decent mechanic.. ;)

Back