• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail/Road Closures

Re: Trail/Road Closures: Condition report

Oh boy...

I'd really hate to make the trip to Naches to find I can't even wheel that much. So long as I can get to the rocks and they aren't covered in snow I'll be happy. This may be a chapter gathering to socialize, but I don't have a ton of money/time to make trips that don't involve flopping

Fingers crossed.
:firedevil

I say stay the course. If there is a bunch of snow then everyone will have a chance to run on the Epic run, because they will all be epic

you've obviously never run the upper trails. a cherokee wont make it through them

All I do is run upper trails... and a xj will fit through them if your not running full widths. We usually start on the southeast tampico side coming from yakima and actually drop down over into rimrock coming from divide ridge and running blueslide or short 'n dirty and leaning tree. From the rimrock side we sometimes run loui way gap them loop all the way around divide ridge and head back down depending on how long of a trip we want.

Have you run rimrock trails?

Oh boy...

I'd really hate to make the trip to Naches to find I can't even wheel that much. So long as I can get to the rocks and they aren't covered in snow I'll be happy. This may be a chapter gathering to socialize, but I don't have a ton of money/time to make trips that don't involve some much needed wheeling too.

Fingers crossed.

Not to worry.
There is lots of homework, research, and conversations going on with the rangers in the area to understand to the best of our ability what the real conditions are and what we can expect so that we can all go prepared.

I think that we will find that although many of the trail runs that have been planed may be modified or shortened, there will still be plenty of wheeling and oportunities to use your Jeep.

I do hope that the rocks themselves are not covered in snow (I would find that unlikely considering the recent weather and them having no protection). That does make them significantly more challenging to say the least!

It should still be a great time and well worth the trip to wheel.

Michael

you've obviously never run the upper trails. a cherokee wont make it through them

It all depends what you want it to look like when it comes out the other side.:laugh:

-Alex

We're staying on course! I don't think it would be fair to change locations this late in the game. I know a lot of people had been planning/budgeting for Naches, including myself.

Rangers I talked with today said the snow is melting pretty quick, which is a good thing. However, too much melt off and we get more flooding and wash outs. Lots of downed trees, but crews are working to get them cleared. I'll be curious to hear the trail reports next weekend, after the closure is lifted. That should give us a good idea of what to expect. We're still about two weeks out, so a lot can change.

Either way though, there will be some epic wheeling, and fun times to be had by all.

Last edited:

well i dont know who all has ever wheeled at rimrock but honestly its not that tight we have a friend that runs at 83 inches and runs the upper trails its just technical but if your looking for ever push the limits of your rig and want to know what it can rimrock is a good place and ps there is a rock garden there now and a camp ground big enough for this event. just food for thought for the future or something

We're staying on course! I don't think it would be fair to change locations this late in the game. I know a lot of people had been planning/budgeting for Naches, including myself.

Rangers I talked with today said the snow is melting pretty quick, which is a good thing. However, too much melt off and we get more flooding and wash outs. Lots of downed trees, but crews are working to get them cleared. I'll be curious to hear the trail reports next weekend, after the closure is lifted. That should give us a good idea of what to expect. We're still about two weeks out, so a lot can change.

Either way though, there will be some epic wheeling, and fun times to be had by all.
Great news, I carry a chainsaw always, just in case. As long as we are wheelin' I'm having fun.

All I do is run upper trails... and a xj will fit through them if your not running full widths. We usually start on the southeast tampico side coming from yakima and actually drop down over into rimrock coming from divide ridge and running blueslide or short 'n dirty and leaning tree. From the rimrock side we sometimes run loui way gap them loop all the way around divide ridge and head back down depending on how long of a trip we want.

Have you run rimrock trails?

ya I've ran them countless times but never in a rig as wide as a xj. The cjs we take through are a tigh squeeze in spots

It all depends what you want it to look like when it comes out the other side.:laugh:

-Alex

Agred

Natches sounds like the call, I will just add my chainsaw to my gear also. 4 Wheelin and cuttin shit up, sounds like a party to me. Yee Ha

According to the Naches Ranger District, "ORV trail are now open!"

Roads and trails effected by flooding or other seasonal closures are still closed.

Do we know what trails are open/closed for sure?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Just got back from naches. Took north wenas through cascade park then up 695 to moon rocks. The rocks still have snow in the valleys and most of the major runs. The funny rocks were bare except the easy run on the far right. The trails weren't too bad. Snow here and there but nothing that wasn't passable. Challenging but fun. We came out 694 and 1701 so we really didn't hit any trails further west.

Thanks for the update Kris. It's great to hear you were able to get to the rocks. From the reports I read, I was counting on having to bust through some drifts to get there. Hopefully the other trails are relatively clear as well.

think we will be able to run the kaner from bottom to top? its got some good climbs especially when sloppy

Honestly dont know. Like I said we didnt make it out that way. Some guys from insanityfab ran naches pass trail too. We will have to try to do some exploring thursday and maybe even wednesday.

I thought the Naches Pass trail (wagon trail) wasn't open till sometime in July, just like every year for about the past decade?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Back