• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TRAIL Jam 07

4x4Fox

NAXJA Forum User
Wow went to look at the PNW4WDA trail jam and it is already closed. That must be some record or something. Any of you get in? I see Chris Wood will be there also. Looks like NWFest for me. :laugh: By the way what is the cost and a CJ"er asked me if he could come. Since I didn't know the rules I told him NO. Just kidding I said I would ask the powers that be.

4x4Fox said:
Wow went to look at the PNW4WDA trail jam and it is already closed. That must be some record or something. Any of you get in? I see Chris Wood will be there also. Looks like NWFest for me. :laugh: By the way what is the cost and a CJ"er asked me if he could come. Since I didn't know the rules I told him NO. Just kidding I said I would ask the powers that be.
Good to hear from you!
Guests are welcome (by invite - sort of a sponsorship thing...). Usually 1 (with vehicle) per member.

Last year,
  • The event fee was $20.00 for member (1 vehicle + Saturday driver dinner)
  • $25.00 for guest (1 vehicle + Saturday driver dinner)
  • Additional meal tickets for passengers over 15 can be also purchased at $6.00 each.

We're going to TRY to stick to these prices this year - nothing is written in stone yet.

We also used this event as a membership drive - it was FREE for those signing a two year ($55.00) NAXJA membership.

There is also the Divide Ride in Idaho, held by the Montana 4wda. An excellent trip to say the least.

I look at it this way, I could run all the trails in WA at my Leisure. I don't need to pay an astrinomical amount of money to go play where I usually do.

You know rereading my post it sounded like NWFEST was not my first choice. I'm suppose to be literate or something. Thats what happens when you give a person with dyslexia a teaching certificate.

Sniggs that sounds like a great deal to me. I know he will want to come as I do. I'll sign up. Schools out, cherries will not be ripe yet. Salmon will be done running. God life is good.

KarlVP That Idaho run sounds like it would be fun. Can you send me more information on it.
I look at it this way, I could run all the trails in WA at my Leisure. I don't need to pay an astrinomical amount of money to go play where I usually do.

Darn there goes that light in my head going on again. Wish I could figure out how to stop it from always doing that.

Last edited:
4x4Fox said:
Darn there goes that light going off in my head again. Wish I could figure out how to stop that from always doing that.
I'm still trying to figure out what the hell he said (?) :huh:

Sniggs said:

See what I mean about a dyslexic teacher. :doh:

Sniggs said:
Meaning any one of us can go wheel at Evans, Reiter, Naches etc for free any time. Spending money to wheel in those same places seems nonsensical to Karl. Therefor, if he IS going to spend money at an event, it's going to be some place other than those places he can wheel for free.

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
Meaning any one of us can go wheel at Evans, Reiter, Naches etc for free any time. Spending money to wheel in those same places seems nonsensical to Karl. Therefor, if he IS going to spend money at an event, it's going to be some place other than those places he can wheel for free.

-----Matt-----

Yeah, because it's just someone taking money in order to wheel there. ;) There's never any incentive. :dunno:

4x4Fox said:
KarlVP That Idaho run sounds like it would be fun. Can you send me more information on it.

Here ya go.
http://www.m4x4a.org/divideride/2007/index.html

And why was my previous post so hard for folks to grasp?

I don't need to pay X amount of money to go wheel with a group of stock Jeeps on easy trails. I'd rather go to rimrock. (Which is what I'm doing)

KarlVP said:

I don't need to pay X amount of money to go wheel with a group of stock Jeeps on easy trails. I'd rather go to rimrock. (Which is what I'm doing)

Have fun!

ECKSJAY said:
Have fun!

Will do. Anyone of you is more than welcome too. We will be there wheelin, dinkin around, having good beers around the campfire, and enjoing the fishing and swimming, and more good beers (none while wheeing of course)

If you wanna come we'll be there the 3rd - the 8th of July. PM me for the details.

I reccomend lockers F/R, winch, (tire size not really an issue out there if you have a winch) at least a 4PT roll cage (6points to the "frame" reccomended) and balls. You have to have balls to wheel rimrock.

KarlVP said:
I reccomend lockers F/R, winch, (tire size not really an issue out there if you have a winch) at least a 4PT roll cage (6points to the "frame" reccomended) and balls. You have to have balls to wheel rimrock.

No cage. Damn.

ECKSJAY said:
No cage. Damn.

Oh, you don't have to have a cage, but it is HIGHLY reccomended. FiFo came out with us last year and he didn't have a cage. But I would put him and his wifes pucker factor at BEYOND extreme. Last year he didn't just scare the crap out of himself, he scared the crap out of everone in our group. And we weren't in the rig with him.

Rimrock is truly worth it to visit at least once. Even if you never go back. We had a club member come out with us last year. She wheeled for half a day, and then decided it was too much and we went back to camp, no hard feelings.

It isn't for the timid and if you do come with, you aren't gonna be hassled or heckeled if you decide to turn around.

In summation, get a cage and come with. :)

EDIT: Check out our run reports from there. (ESP the 2005 one with the video.) http://www.timbertamers.org/reports.htm

what did u run at rimrock, blueslide or short and dirty?

ladywolf said:
what did u run at rimrock, blueslide or short and dirty?
I don't know any of the names of the trails. The area we were around was off of the 1000 road. And I know there were some pretty gnarly hillclimbs around blue lake (642 trail???) I don't know them all. We wheeled HARD for four days last summer. It was a blast.

KarlVP said:

Okay.

Well.

I'm certainly glad we got THAT cleared up. :nosmile:

Back