• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Head Offroad (THOR) Cowl Induction Cold Air Intake

Just got mine today...filter part # is 7079.

Filter Dimensions
Mounting Inside Diameter 3.00 inches
Filter Height 6.00 inches
Outside Diameter - Base 4.33 inches
Outside Diameter - Top 4.00 inches

Maybe try and spray in some 'bed liner' into the cowl area to help dampen the noise.

I'll warn you that will stink like a son of a___ for a while if you bed line it. I did that with the more rubbery stuff in a Volvo that had an air speed created rattle in the cowl. I had to drive around with the windows down for a very long time afterwards.

Where can you get 'sound deadener' in a spray can?

I solved my Spectre Loudness but removing it, plugging the hole in the firewall and putting the OE air intake track back in... (OK, not really solving, but I couldn't stand that shop-vac sound in my interior cabin anymore) :)

Sold the Spectre and haven't looked back yet.

Dynamat works.

Sanding the sharp corners of the intake works even better. There are a bunch of sharp corners that can be rounded and smoothed that create noise with the air rushing past. This will reduce noise.

Finally adding a bit more holes for air coming into the firewall box, helps. I suspected that this puny grill on the left side does not let enough air in. Enlarged some holes marginally, added some more under the right side. Helps...

Just installed my THOR and ditto Ogrebonz here. It's fairly loud at startup and always noticeable to varying degrees. I might try some Dynamat in there or something to see if it helps. Anyone else have success quieting these things down?

Back