• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Guides...

I'm just so damn popular... everyone wants me. Maybe if my Jeep is destroyed enough that I can break it into multiple equal sections, by Sunday everyone can carry a piece of it with them and not feel left out :spin1:

i call the winch, if we're carrying pieces.... (it's better than mine)

Carrying. not using. ;)

Here is what I have so far:
MDXJ- Blues
Hammered- Greens( blues?)
OverlandXJ- Greens/Blues
Rob Mayercik- Greens/low Blues)
MrShaft696- Blues
Lobsterdmb- Blues/Blacks(?)
Vetteboy- Blacks/Reds
JeepinCoastie- Green/Low Blues
Knuckle_buster- Blacks

Thanks for stepping up gents!!!

I don't know when some of you are arriving, but here is what I am thinking per day, let me know if it is feasible, what works, what doesn't. If you want to switch, run a different level, can't be there then, let me know. I want this to be rock-solid before we go into the event this time.

Thurs:
Greens- Rob Mayercik
Blues- OverlandXJ
Blacks- Lobsterdmb
Stupids- Andy in Pa.

Friday:
Greens- Hammered
Blues- Lobsterdmb
Blacks- Knuckle_buster
Stupids- MDXJ

Saturday:
Greens- Rob Mayercik
Blues- MDXJ
Blacks- Andy in Pa.
Stupids- Vetteboy

Sunday:
Greens- Hammered
Blues- TBD
Blacks- Andy in Pa.
Probably no "Stupid" group this day...:spin1:

Thanks again gents, I am really looking forward to the event this year!!!!!

A.

I updated/made a few changes to a couple of trail guides. Keiths wife (Jen)and my wife (Leah) are going to handle the actual managing of the trail guides and trails for each day. If you have any issues with this, post up.

I would think in most cases, depending on turnout, we could probably combine the black/stupid group. There's not a whole lot in the park that you can only get through with a 'red' vehicle.

Honestly - after the last few weeks of prerunning , racing, and crunch-time...a nice leisurely trail ride sounds like a great idea. :D

I would think in most cases, depending on turnout, we could probably combine the black/stupid group. There's not a whole lot in the park that you can only get through with a 'red' vehicle.

Honestly - after the last few weeks of prerunning , racing, and crunch-time...a nice leisurely trail ride sounds like a great idea. :D

You could always tailgun for me or the other Green leaders - you could put it in gear, turn sideways and take a nap, and still keep up. :laugh2:

Andy,

I'll be there for the whole thing too. If you need another trail guide for any day, let me know. I'll do blues to mildly stupid.

--Matt

WE KNOW THAT JUST REMEMBER Q TRAIL TOP RIGHT

LOL!!! Holy crap that was funny!!!

*The panic phone call I got from Keith*

"You better get your a$$ down here.... Egon is hanging off the edge of "Q".... Todd is standing on his rock rail and "Skinny Pete" (Rob- aka nhrocker) is running around in circles!!! He is about to barrell-roll all the way down "Q"!!!!!"

I pulled up at the bottom of Q trail and looked up the trail to see what was going on, and it looked REALLY bad!!!!

Good times!!!!!!!!

Andy,

I'll be there for the whole thing too. If you need another trail guide for any day, let me know. I'll do blues to mildly stupid.

--Matt

Sounds good!!! We'll pull you in if needed.

Thanks Matt!!

PS.. Just promise me I won't get anymore panic phone calls:laugh2::laugh2:

"You better get your a$$ down here.... Egon is hanging off the edge of "Q".... Todd is standing on his rock rail and "Skinny Pete" (Rob- aka nhrocker) is running around in circles!!! He is about to barrell-roll all the way down "Q"!!!!!"

I pulled up at the bottom of Q trail and looked up the trail to see what was going on, and it looked REALLY bad!!!!

Good times!!!!!!!!

got pics/video? Sounds like Ben's "get the camera on me, I'm going over" all over again.

And Jason is spotting me saying "you look fine, just keep coming forward"

Mildly stupid* (for extreme values of mild)

--Matt

Good times!!!!!!!!

Andy, i was planning to head home sun am. However, if there is a signifigant amount who want to run green/blue i could be convinced to lead a half day group.

I will need to head home sunday am Andy, but i see on the revised schedule you pulled me already. Thanks..

I need to get home and pack for a flight down to SC Monday morning.

Got a PM from a guy last night/this morning asking about staging/park entering times. I told him that in the past it's been an 0800 meet/stage and an 0900 park entrance and that it likely would be the same this year.

Might be time to tack another sticky up with that sort of info (if I'm wrong with what I gave him, I'll send him a follow-up message). Of course, if it's posted already, just point me to it.

Rob

Got a PM from a guy last night/this morning asking about staging/park entering times. I told him that in the past it's been an 0800 meet/stage and an 0900 park entrance and that it likely would be the same this year.

Might be time to tack another sticky up with that sort of info (if I'm wrong with what I gave him, I'll send him a follow-up message). Of course, if it's posted already, just point me to it.

Rob

OK, will do. We'll be staging in a different location on Saturday too, but there will be a post up soon...

A.

OK, will do. We'll be staging in a different location on Saturday too, but there will be a post up soon...

A.

Thanks - I'm sure the guy who contacted me isn't the only one wondering.

You thinking about using the old staging area for Saturday (accessible by green trail, if I remember the map correctly), or somewhere else?

It's a shame I'm outta town that weekend otherwise I'd offer to give a hand. Have a great time wheeling, I'll be headed up this Sunday to get some in.

Andy, If you need any more help with guides or a "tailgunner", I'm fully equipped, will have tools onboard and at the staging area, and have guided groups before at Rausch. I've run every black trail in the park, and even ventured into a red or two. If help is needed, I'm there. dont hesitate to ask. I'm trying to get off for thursday so I can roll up wed. nite, but I dunno about work. will definitely be there by thursday evening.

Rich 856-373-8767

Back