• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar

Problem is, you can wear out those threads with each vibration and the track bar will eventually fail. You don't want that. Not only do you want your jam nut, you should inspect you nuts often.

If the rod end is tightened firlmy up against the rod (using wrenches to get them real tight), without a jam nut... would that be ok?

I know you lose the ability to adjust... but I am just wondering if that would be ok to run it that way.

If the rod end is tightened firlmy up against the rod (using wrenches to get them real tight), without a jam nut... would that be ok?

I know you lose the ability to adjust... but I am just wondering if that would be ok to run it that way.

No. At that point your track bar will be to short and your front axle will not be centered under the jeep. Best just to wait for the jam nut.

If your in a pinch you could just try and find some 3/4" I'd tube to use as a spacer and tighten the heim or whatever it is against it.

could always just unscrew the heim joint all the way off and take it to a hardware store and find one that fits, a nut that big wouldn't be but a couple dollars if that. but if they are sending you one just wait

Other problem would be that there is no guarantee that when you got it "real tight" that the rod end would be facing the right way. Chances of it lining up with the bolt holes in the bracket would be pretty slim.

Back