• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar question

Da-heep

NAXJA Forum User
I need a new track bar, I was wondering what everyone thought about brand/price/dealer. Before anyone says it, i did check and could not find anything related to this question. My xj has 5.5 inches of lift so i need an upgrade from oem right? i was looking at this one from rubicon express. the extreme duty 4.5 inch to 7.5 inch but it requires a special bracket also sold by rubicon express which would put me in at around 300 bucks (priced from quadrashit.com) i would like to do this for a lot cheaper. who wants to tell me what to do?

Thats the best one out there IMO...Only way you're gonna do it cheaper is to build it youself...Whatever you do DO NOT get a Rustys...

can i ask why not a rustys, i was thinking about buying one...

No matter what you get go HD. It is worth it in the long run. I am running a Rustys HD with his frame mount. The only problem I had was the bushings went out. But that was after 6yrs. & bushings go out on every thing. JIM.

I run the Treks and it is the beef. I got the last 1 ton over the knuckle steering they had and installed it at the same time as an over the axle trac bar bracket.

http://tntcustoms.com/trackbarsystemmjxjzj.aspx

I've very happy with them. People will also recommend JCR and from what dealings I've had with them they are also top notch. There are others but those are the one's I've dealt with personally.

Parakeet

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a comparison of my stock track bar and the RE track bar and drop bracket that came with my 5.5" RE 6200 Extreme Duty lift.

232323232%7Ffp537%3C%3A%3Enu%3D3367%3E234%3E5%3A3%3EWSNRCG%3D3434885436336nu0mrj

The last track bar I ran at that height was a OEM one. I moved the axle side hole to the inside and clearanced the bracket.

I did see a Rusty's fail. It wasn't the trackbar itself which failed, but the TRE used on the frame side. The part of the TRE that threads inside the bar broke. We were trying to extract the rig from a muddy area he was burried in and ended up pulling him a bit off-center. It was a tough pull, the winch was about stalled, and the trackbar broke. If he would have had stock uppers, they would have folded like taccos also :wow:

Ron

I did see a Rusty's fail. It wasn't the trackbar itself which failed, but the TRE used on the frame side. The part of the TRE that threads inside the bar broke.

Ron

Which is why I said get a HD one, no matter what brand you go with. JIM.

Mike, You should check out the Rough Country HD unit. I think you can get it for under 150 bucks and for what you do it will be plenty strong. Honestly I don't think you have that much lift though.

I run the Rough Country HD on my 97 with 6'' Frankenstein lift and I am very happy with it. Ordered it direct from RC with a drop pitman arm for 160 shipped.

I am running the TNT bar and brace on my trail rig w/ @ 8" of lift blah bla blah...and love it. It is stout and I have not had any problems at all with it.

We installed a Rough Country TB w/ the new brace in my brothers XJ and it is a good unit for the money. He is running their full 4.5" lift and the only problem he had was that the brace/bracket was hitting the coil spring on the drivers side (duh :doh: ). A little adjustment and it should be fine. I woudl not be afraid to put a RC unit on another rig. their proce is right and they back their items with superior service. Contact GRIMUS99XJ (Jason) on here and he can help ya out on price etc. He is the RC contact person around these parts.

Cheeseman-OUT!

They all help articulation...But the Rustys will break in half...saw it on the trail with my buddys jeep...He had to hitch a ride home with me and come back with a trailer to get it cause the cops told him it was unsafe for the road...sucks gettin pulled over when you're tryin to limp your broken junk home...

Back