• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Toys for Tots!

Hypoid

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
NAXJA will be in booth 46. Come harass me, I'll need to see a familiar face! :)

20161202212436-9f2a2d61-me.jpg

I have to come see TNT so I'll swing by - I can't stay all day unfortunately.

SWEET!

I'm having trouble getting pictures to post...

Last edited:
Good time!

The event raised a lot of toys (there were a couple vehicles I did not photograph):

20161203092636-ac7e63da-me.jpg
20161203162931-f46824ca-me.jpg

With all the displays of awesome (and expensive) vehicles, I had to think of something different, and still have fun! :D

20161203162935-8b129618-me.jpg
20161203162939-8a3a6571-me.jpg

People seemed to really like the pictures. Whenever I stepped away, I noticed more people around the display, looking at pictures. I think one guy understood my sense of humor, he was pointing at this picture of my Mall Crawler (Thanks Led!):

IMG_2401.jpg

I visited with people I had not seen for a few years. I made a point of visiting with Stay the Trail, COHVCO, and NORAC (one of the clubs that adopted Kingston Peak after we switched). NORAC's 55 members logged 1100 hours in Boulder Ranger District last year!

Best of all, I talked to a lot of people who were at the open house, and a few people who never heard of NAXJA. I was able to use the Wi-fi at the school to give people an overview of the forum, and find the Colorado Chapter. I was able to show them the web site, and tell them about the club. :)

I'd like to thank all the members who came by and visited. As always, it was a pleasure!

I definitely wished I could have stayed longer!

Thank you Mike for repping NAXJA!

:cheers:

Thanks guys!

It was fun to point at the pictures and tell the stories. The one I put at kids' eye level was one of the funnest! :D

NAXJA015.jpg

Perfect idea to make up for lack of time to prep!
Thanks Mike!

This experience reinforces my desire for a chapter scrap book. After telling people about the things we have done, and the things that we do, I think some were surprised at the depth and diversity of our members' experience and activities.

One area where I could really improve is trying to fat finger that 12-year-old tablet! I spent most the day showing people an overview of the forums and never found the link to get signed up. Late in the day, a "4:20" lookin' dude whips out his phone and takes me to the front page... BAM!!!! There is the link to register.

Please pass the link on to the social media crowd. :)

register.jpg

Thanks for taking the time Mike! Sorry I couldn't help out........ :(

I missed getting down to the t4t. I got 2 miles from home and my fuel pump took a crap. You should have seen the wife towing me home with her Ford Edge. I had the trailer connected as well.

Luckily I only had a quarter of a tank of gas, but damn, that concrete gets cold on these old bones and it doesn't help only having one hand that works.

Thanks guys!

It was fun to point at the pictures and tell the stories. The one I put at kids' eye level was one of the funnest! :D

NAXJA015.jpg
Hey! I know those dudes. Thanks for the memories.

356585e5474262c36d6d1a03ad0e753c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Back