• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tow Rigs

My $50,000+ of worthless crap...
standard.jpg

Mudskipper said:
Yup, thats exactly the truck I was talking about when I posted my picture, or maybe an '08 GMC :worship:.
I really wanted to pick on of those up (just in a regular cab and minus the cap) but funds where to tight to allow for it, so I settled on what I posted a '03 Silverado 1500 5.3L Z71 4x4.

Nice truck!

Edit: I just noticed why I thought your truck looked familiar: "Location: Fitchburg , MA". My buddies and girlfriend live in that area I'm sure I've seen it on the road.

1990 Suburban. 2x4. 7.4L (454cu.in.) THM-400 3-spd automatic. 157K miles, been cross country towing a travel trailer 3 times. Here it is just arriving in Moab in spring 2006. I'd get a new tow rig, but this one is paid for!

moab2006spring001.jpg

STEELFISH,, what bumpers are thos? i like them. ive got a 8274 and i'd like to get another bumper links would be great.

Rev Den said:
Mike...that trailer has no previous life, John is correct. I am to old and fat to crawl over a Jeep to get out.

The 250 is just now starting to find its groove....10K miles.

Current highway is 18 MPG

Power is amazing, once the boost comes up.

Interior is sweet, ride is quiet.

Rev

Wait till you get out of the warranty and put a real computer program in it.

Best thing I heard in the truck - "Jesus, trucks aren't supposed to do that!"

I am looking for the picture, but a buddy of mine took a 1991 bluebird bus on a trade for his wrecked GC about two months ago. The interior has 2 bunk beds and 2 couches. The thing is registered as an RV. has water and toilet hookups. I have seen pictures of it hauling two jeeps on a trailer.

Here is my new tow rig.

It will be hauling a horse trailer until my Heep goes to trail only status. Totally stock with 2008 Hummer H2 wheels and tires. (35's)

DSCF4958.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

Last edited:
guys make sure they are strapped down good. I had a bad accident this weekend and my Truck is fine however the Trailer and the TJ are totaled out.

I think Had I had a good set of straps like the Mac's tie downs I may have saved my Jeep, and only lost the trailer.

Also, I would only tow with a longer wheelbase 3/4ton vehicle or larger. I wouldn't be alive if I had been towing with my Tahoe.
Jeremy

my tow rig - on the 'trail' to Fordyce Lake -
stp84863.jpg

its my DD... 2000 Dodge 2500 CTD with 272xxx miles on it :smoker:

Glad you're alright. Details of the wreck? What exactly happened?

Pat

STEELFISH said:
guys make sure they are strapped down good. I had a bad accident this weekend and my Truck is fine however the Trailer and the TJ are totaled out.

I think Had I had a good set of straps like the Mac's tie downs I may have saved my Jeep, and only lost the trailer.

Also, I would only tow with a longer wheelbase 3/4ton vehicle or larger. I wouldn't be alive if I had been towing with my Tahoe.
Jeremy

Back