• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tow Rig dreams...

bgcntry72

NAXJA Forum User
If I was the kind of guy who didn't trust my heep to get me home from wheeling, this would be the vehicle:
medrespassengerside.jpg

The Today Show was on the the lobby of one of my client offices today, and they were showing this thing off.
medresdriverconsole.jpg

Info is here.
I am torn between the 2.5 and the 5 ton.
Nuclear fallout-proof cabin?
Niiiiiice.
I wonder if you can fit a pickup-camper in the bed?
If only there was someone here in the military, who could give me some insight...

I thought DC was gonna market some sort of Unimog based Freightliner megavehicle like that... I wonder if that ever came about? Missing the boat again, Dieter!

bgcntry72 said:
If only there was someone here in the military, who could give me some insight...
You might try PMing Ladywolf. Someone once said something about her being in the military.

Speaking of tow rig dreams....A few months ago I saw a guy with a freightliner semi that had a flat bed built on the back. He was pulling about a 28 or 30 foot camper trailer behind that and had a cherokee on the flatbed. I was climbing the Baker grade in Ca and he blasted by me doing about 70. Didn't sound like the moter was even working.

I got to thinking about this. You can go buy a used semi,now even with auto trannies for about 15,000K. A used travel trailer maybe 8,000-10,000K and another 1,500K-2000K to build a nice flat bed and you are still cheaper then a new Dodge-Ford-Chevy Pickup alone.

Not to mention if you could find one with newer tires and brakes you would never ever wear them out.

bgcntry72 said:
I have tried numerous times.
All I get is angry responses from Yellaheep.
:huh:
Well, consider the source.
I mean, look at his rep, he MUST be a real ass-hat.

DrMoab said:
Speaking of tow rig dreams....A few months ago I saw a guy with a freightliner semi that had a flat bed built on the back. He was pulling about a 28 or 30 foot camper trailer behind that and had a cherokee on the flatbed. I was climbing the Baker grade in Ca and he blasted by me doing about 70. Didn't sound like the moter was even working.

I got to thinking about this. You can go buy a used semi,now even with auto trannies for about 15,000K. A used travel trailer maybe 8,000-10,000K and another 1,500K-2000K to build a nice flat bed and you are still cheaper then a new Dodge-Ford-Chevy Pickup alone.

Not to mention if you could find one with newer tires and brakes you would never ever wear them out.

There's a guy on Pirate who has a tow rig like that... not sure what he wheels though. Would you need a CDL? Or is that only if it is used for commercial purposes?

OK, bets on how long it takes from the first one sold to gain spinnaz.

Holy crap... Beadlock spinnaz. I think I'm on to something here.

Nuff on insulting Yellah. Handle it back channel

Back