• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TOTW: Rattles and Squeaks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxmidianxx

NAXJA Forum User
With most of us having modified XJs/MJs and even some stockers getting up there in age. Our rigs have certain sounds that they make.

Which one drives you crazy the most and what causes it?

When my XJ ran, it would make a random *TATTATTAT* every now and then. haha idk what it was. Came from underneath me.

i kept my white XJ lubed with mud most of the time. but the red one would always have this clunking noise in the rear. followed by the smell of axle gease, then smoke.... oh yea does fire count? over all non of my jeeps made/make any weird noises. but when they do bad things happen

My interior likes to make a constant squeaking noise somewhere in the back. Itll be comepletely silent going to a destination then on the way back itll squeak like crazy.

and then theres all the noises coming from the front suspension...

Squeeks, creaks, and clunks from the suspension constantly.

is an XJ supposed to smell like wet dog on the inside?

My interior likes to make a constant squeaking noise somewhere in the back. Itll be comepletely silent going to a destination then on the way back itll squeak like crazy.

and then theres all the noises coming from the front suspension...

Crusher,
Check your upper rear seat latches. Mine squeaked like hell. Once the plastic coating wears off it's metal to metal. I found a way to silence mine though. I am taking my back seats out and putting/making a platform all the way to the back of the front seats for a storage area. I have a 2dr so I rarely ever have anyone back there, I think I had someone back there once in 3 years of owning my XJ

The rear seat squeak is driving me nuts! I leave them down most of the time to get rid of it but I'd like to fix it permanently, just not sure how right now. Also, my rear gate rattle like crazy. I took off the plastic cover, fixed the bumpers and made sure they were adjusted correctly etc to no avail:flamemad:. Turns out some of the levers in the latch assembly/auto locks are loose and bang around. Also some rivets in my front doors were loose and rattling. I fixed that with some epoxy.

Left rear bar pin clanks going over bumps. Sway bar links do the same now, after removing/reinstalling them a bunch of times. fan blade is bent and has started to create a vibe-gotta fix that soon. Driver's side knee deflector has squeaked ever since I installed a set of maglite clamps on the right side of it.

mine squeeks alot around the dash board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back