• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Totaled the XJ last night, now what? Anyone want anything off it?

IslanderOffRoad said:
it looks repairable to me, and i worked as an insurance adjuster for a year

Islander,

Not to stray from the subject at hand, but I couldn't help but notice your sig line. An 8.8 on 31's? HAHA! I'm sorry, I am empathetic. I assume you are planning on a bigger build tire wise.

You know you've got less clearance under the axle then stock right? Even when I had 32's on my 8.8, I was practically at stock clearance, especially when aired down. I'd be draggin that thing everywhere. It's a pig.

mikedashg said:
Islander,

Not to stray from the subject at hand, but I couldn't help but notice your sig line. An 8.8 on 31's? HAHA! I'm sorry, I am empathetic. I assume you are planning on a bigger build tire wise.

You know you've got less clearance under the axle then stock right? Even when I had 32's on my 8.8, I was practically at stock clearance, especially when aired down. I'd be draggin that thing everywhere. It's a pig.

I think about bigger tires from time to time, but I'm looking at 33"s, no bigger. I got a deal I couldnt pass up on an 8.8, and seeing as I needed to regear, I jumped on it.

I'm not a huge rockhound, so I'm not worried. There isnt much to hit that 8.8 on in the sand dunes.

Alright, the insurance person came today to look at it. He said that if the repair cost is 70% or more of the value of the vehicle then thats when they total it. According to his program on the laptop, the total repair cost was around $5,200, which is more than %70 of $6,450(Kelly Blue Book Suggested Retail). He said it is kind of falling on the line of whether or not it will be repaired or totaled. The pictures and such are now being sent to another department in the firm who then decides whether or not to total it. If they do, then a total loss representative will determine the value of it. The value is slightly negotiable, in respect to having the proper documentation to "prove" the value of the vehicle.

So now I'm waiting for a phone call from them, sometime later this week or early next.

If they total it, and the buy back price is decent, does anyone in Ventura County have a shop they could put this in? If I could find somewhere or someone to slowly and not too expensively do the work I'd go that route, or even just park it there while I strip the parts I want, then sell the rest and split it with whoever helped me out. It just cannot be at my place, thats whats keeping me from buying back.

If I buy back, anyone want to buy it how it is right now? Make an offer.

I will take the roof basket off your hands if you are wanting to get rid of it.

If you decide to buy it back and then need sotrage I have 2 acres in the hi desert. You can store and part from here. If I need anything I will let you know and we can work a deal.

Let me know, I also have a means of getting it up here on a trailer.

Let me know

Leep

nitrogt101 said:
Alright, the insurance person came today to look at it. He said that if the repair cost is 70% or more of the value of the vehicle then thats when they total it. According to his program on the laptop, the total repair cost was around $5,200, which is more than %70 of $6,450(Kelly Blue Book Suggested Retail). He said it is kind of falling on the line of whether or not it will be repaired or totaled. The pictures and such are now being sent to another department in the firm who then decides whether or not to total it. If they do, then a total loss representative will determine the value of it. The value is slightly negotiable, in respect to having the proper documentation to "prove" the value of the vehicle.

So now I'm waiting for a phone call from them, sometime later this week or early next.

If they total it, and the buy back price is decent, does anyone in Ventura County have a shop they could put this in? If I could find somewhere or someone to slowly and not too expensively do the work I'd go that route, or even just park it there while I strip the parts I want, then sell the rest and split it with whoever helped me out. It just cannot be at my place, thats whats keeping me from buying back.

If I buy back, anyone want to buy it how it is right now? Make an offer.

nitro

they will total it. unibodys have a tendency to hide additional damage, if they started repairing it, the cost would more than likely go above where it's at now.

4xSanta said:
What year is that thing?If the insurance pays you off I would be interested in it,I have a 99 green one that looks just like it if you are interested?.........SANTA

Hey Santa. I posted the very first reply with an offer to by it complete, if he decides to sell it.... If he does, maybe you and I can make a deal on some things...

rpraterxj said:
Hey Santa. I posted the very first reply with an offer to by it complete, if he decides to sell it.... If he does, maybe you and I can make a deal on some things...

If I buy it back I am selling it. That depends on how much they give me and how much buy back is. There are a couple small things I am going to remove if I buy it back(cd player, etc), but the most of it will stay. Anything I may be able to use on a TJ I am going to try to salvage.

What would you be willing to pay for it? I'll wait and see what the buy back price is, and we may be able to work something out.

For those of you PMing for parts, the rock rails are welded on at the braces, bolted to the pinch seam. If it is possible, I may offer those up to whoever wants to come cut them off, you bring tools and do it in my street, pay me how much the steel cost(about $90). This is depending on whether or not I sell it as a whole.

Bummed about seeing my jeep go, I would much rather it stay here on naxja and get repaired by someone else so at least it stays on the trails instead of scrapped!

Still looking for a TJ or decent used car.

Everyone asking about parts, I will part this out if and only if no one buys it as a whole AND I have somewhere to put the jeep. FYI, there is someone first in line who wants to buy it whole right now.

Back